Missing host designation unless "Require authentication to join" is set

Description
It seems that somewhere in between 1.8.1 and 1.8.5, there was a change in the SDK that no longer grants host privileges unless the meeting option “Require authentication to join” is set to “Sign in to Zoom”. I was not able to find any discussions or documentation around this. Is there a way to set that option programmatically, e.g., on meeting creation? It has broken host functionality for us.

Error
User is not shown as Host, and “End meeting for all” is no longer an option.

Which Client Web SDK version?

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: all

Hey @k77,

Thank you for reaching out to Zoom Developer Support. I tested this with the latest version of the Web SDK (1.9.1) on the Sample Web App and I didn’t see this same issue. First, I would try testing with the sample app to see if you encounter the same problem.

If upgrading to the latest version of the Web SDK doesn’t help, please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include a meeting ID where you’re seeing this issue and, if possible, a link to a public git repo that has code exhibiting this issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.