Missing video backgrounds and filters from latest SDK App Mac

Sorry another one from me…

The default video filters and backgrounds appear to be missing from the latest SDK version - previously they were available in the demo app but now there is nothing there. The backgrounds is less of an issue as they can be added but I’m not sure if it’s possible to add the filters manually (is there somewhere they should be copied to?)

Thanks

Hi @richard1,

Sorry another one from me…

Absolutely no need to apologize, this is exactly what the dev forum is for! :slightly_smiling_face:

Running the sample app, I am still seeing the default virtual backgrounds and video filters available through the settings window. Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing so that we may investigate further?

Thanks!

Hello

I just get the attached (nothing there) - I assume that I am failing to copy some resources to/from somewhere - this the sample SDK project where I’ve simply hit run (there is no code signing or similar)

I don’t think I did anything previously to get these to appear

Thanks

Richard

Hi @richard1,

That is certainly strange and not what I’m seeing. Perhaps something went wrong with your download of the sample project. Can you please try downloading and running a fresh copy of the project? Please ensure that you are downloading the sample from the marketplace, as future SDK downloads will not be made available on Zoom’s GitHub page.

Thanks!

Hello

Interestingly I’ve justed installed the “Circles” app (I think from @timazed) and am also seeing there that I have no backgrounds or filters available. When I look in my application Support folder for both my app and circles I see there is nothing there - not sure at what point this is meant to be populated?

Hey @richard1,

Jon is out currently, so I will be taking over this thread until he returns.
Another developer on the Windows SDK forum is also experiencing this issue, Video filters & Studio effects do not work at zoom-sdk-windows-5.4.54524.1229
However, I too could not reproduce this issue.

Would you be able to obtain your SDK logs after seeing this issue and attach them in an email to developersupport@zoom.us? Please include a link to this post and/or mention my name so that we can investigate further.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi
I’ve emailed you some logs but I suspect the issue is with code signing, I’m currently doing:

codesign --force --verify --timestamp --verbose --options=runtime --sign “Developer ID Application: Richard Williamson ()" ZoomSDK/aomHost.app
codesign --force --verify --timestamp --verbose --options=runtime --sign "Developer ID Application: Richard Williamson (
)” ZoomSDK/aomHost.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcmlFramework.framework
codesign --force --verify --timestamp --verbose --options=runtime --sign “Developer ID Application: Richard Williamson (***)” ZoomSDK/aomHost.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcmlFramework.framework/Versions/A/libcmlFramework

However I am seeing these errors on sign:
ZoomSDK/aomHost.app: replacing existing signature
ZoomSDK/aomHost.app: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
In subcomponent: /Users/richard/Dropbox (Personal)/projects/zoomOSC-mac/ZoomOSC-OSX/zoom-sdk-macos-master/ZoomSDKSample/ZoomSDK/aomhost.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcmlFramework.framework
ZoomSDK/aomHost.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcmlFramework.framework: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
ZoomSDK/aomHost.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcmlFramework.framework/Versions/A/libcmlFramework: replacing existing signature
ZoomSDK/aomHost.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcmlFramework.framework/Versions/A/libcmlFramework: signed Mach-O thin (x86_64) [libcmlFramework]

And I get the following error in the console when I try to add a virtual background image myself, or select one which I’ve already loaded. I assume I haven’t quite got my code signing correct but your instructions are pretty vague! Any help appreciated…

Richard

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libcmlFramework.framework/Versions/A/libcmlFramework
Referenced from: /Users/richard/Dropbox (Personal)/projects/zoomOSC-mac/ZoomOSC-OSX/zoom-sdk-macos-master/ZoomSDKSample/Bin/Release/ZoomOSC.app/Contents/Frameworks/aomhost.app/Contents/MacOS/aomhost
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Users/richard/Dropbox (Personal)/projects/zoomOSC-mac/ZoomOSC-OSX/zoom-sdk-macos-master/ZoomSDKSample/Bin/Release/ZoomOSC.app/Contents/Frameworks/aomhost.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libcmlFramework.framework/Versions/A/libcmlFramework: code signature in (/Users/richard/Dropbox (Personal)/projects/zoomOSC-mac/ZoomOSC-OSX/zoom-sdk-macos-master/ZoomSDKSample/Bin/Release/ZoomOSC.app/Contents/Frameworks/aomhost.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libcmlFramework.framework/Versions/A/libcmlFramework) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs
/Users/richard/Dropbox (Personal)/projects/zoomOSC-mac/ZoomOSC-OSX/zoom-sdk-macos-master/ZoomSDKSample/Bin/Release/ZoomOSC.app/Contents/Frameworks/aomhost.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/libcmlFramework.framework/Versions/A/libcmlFramework: stat() failed with errno=1

Also to note I am setting the team ID in SDK init Params (it is of the form 3K*****7A)

@richard1 I think the virtual backgrounds only get downloaded and available for selection when you auth through the sdk. If you use a ZAK a bunch of features in the sdk are unavailable.

Ah yes @timazed you are correct (I generally just use “Join Meeting” for testing) - @Michael_Condon is this a deliberate choice (it seems odd if it is…) - however I still appear to have the code signing issue with this so any thoughts on this would be appreciated…

Hey @timazed,

Interesting! Thank you for pointing this out. I will speak with the team to see if this is intended behavior or a bug.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @richard1,

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of your code signing settings in Xcode?

You are seeing this in the sample application correct? Does this happen only when using a ZAK?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello

I only get the console errors in my app (not the SDK demo) - thanks to @timazed’s great advice I now know to log in and appear to be able to select backgrounds so I think I must have broken something with my code signing…

Some photos of code sign settings in xcode attached, I haven’t done anything at all re signing in the demo app so therefore it’s running without attempting to sign anything

Thanks!

Hey @Michael_Condon ,

It would be nice if the SDK accepted a ZAK as an auth type instead of just passing it through to functions like starting/joining a call etc. Then the developer can just rotate out the ZAK as a new one is generated so we can manage our own auth.

Cheers,
Tim

@richard1 - You should turn on audio input and camera and not disable library validation. You then should resign the ZoomSDK either by adding a build step or manually in the terminal.

You do that like this.

codesign --preserve-metadata=entitlements --force --deep -o runtime --sign “<NAME_OF_APPLE_DEV_CERT>” ZoomSDK/*.app

Hope that’s helpful.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks Tim - I’ve actually just realised that in my signed and notarised app the backgrounds do work (I was just never checking in that, just pressing play - explains why no users complained about it! Duh!)

Interesting that you say I don’t need to disable library validation - I have a feeling I need to do this due to a dependancy on some shared libraries. I must say I hate code signing!!

Hi @richard1,

Am I understanding correctly that you were able to resolve this issue?