Missing Web SDK APIs - EmbeddedClient -

The Meeting Web Sdk does not publicly expose important functions of the Zoom Client. There are at least 50 missing functions, from what I can see in the bundled javascript files.

Please make those function available in the EmbeddedClient type!

These very important functions are missing, yet implementent.

• stopAudio
  • startVideo
  • stopVideo
  • startShareScreen
  • stopShareScreen

ahmednaviwala@icloud.com

Hi @benjamin.gopp , I put in a request to update the reference documentation (DEVELOPERS-4857). Thanks for calling this out!

Hey @benjamin.gopp , our development team is curious about your use case for why you’d like these functions directly visible?

Gianni, nice that the developers listen :grinning:

We need to have the Web SDK in “feature parity” with the Windows Meeting SDK.

Right now we use the Windows Meeting SDK (C#) having a customized UI. The app is used inside our company und in process of beeing published to the Zoom Marketplace. Unfortunately the footprint of our app is HUGE. The Zoom Windows Meeting SDK is alone 200 mbs - in total 450 mbs!

We hope that we can drastically reduce the footprint converting the app into a PWA - only a few mbs in size. We did this successfully with our domain code. But the Zoom Web SDK lacks of basic API calls which are included in the Windows Meeting SDK. So we ask you to complete the missing APIs.

Benjamin

@benjamin.gopp , noted! I’ve shared with the relevant team on the ticket request.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.