Cannot start multiple zoom instance

Description
We are using zoom api to create meetings using jwt app secret as credentials and we pass /me as parameter on url while creating.

We cannot start multiple zoom instance even though we have multiple users on our account.

But one instance runs fine though.

We have used custCreate action type while adding user on our app.

Error
Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.

Which Client Web SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create 2 waiting meetings using api. (join before host disabled)
  2. Join both meetings using websdk.

Screenshots
N/A

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: PC
  • Browser: Brave/Chrome
  • Browser Version 88 (latest release)

Additional context

We are licensed user.

Hey @ankur.sharma,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. First, I’ll not that you cannot use the /me route when using JWT authentication as this is account-level and doesn’t have a concept of the current user.

Second, just to clarify, you are creating these meetings with separate hosts, is that correct?

Please also provide the meeting IDs that are exhibiting this issue as well as any errors that you’re seeing in the browser console.

Thanks,
Max

As I wrote earlier we are using /me param to create all the meetings.

We are using the signature and there’s no configuration related to user when starting the meeting and we expect its being handled intelligently by zoom based on users available on account.

We are using the zoom withing our app where teacher can use zoom without worrying about zoom account.

Hey @ankur.sharma,

Thank you for the update. Are you able to provide two Meeting IDs where you confirmed you weren’t able to start them simultaneously as well as the signatures that you’re using when attempting to start these meetings?

Thanks,
Max

It turns out we cannot have more than two simultaneous meeting.

I was able to join two but not three one, Same happens from official zoom meeting dashboard.

Hey @ankur.sharma,

Thank you for providing additional information. Zoom only supports up to 2 concurrent meetings by the same host. This means that you will want to create multiple users and have host users host meets if you have a requirement to host more than 2 meetings at the same time.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks @MaxM for information.

As we are using api, we have to track each user whether the user has meetings on particular time and switch to another user on api call based on meetings it has scheduled?

Wow so frustrating as it sounds.

The zoom should not allow to schedule the meetings in the first place.

We are using api service where it is said that jwt has account-level scope and meetings created using /me route automatically switched to the account owner user. This does not make account-level scope.

Do you think adding meeting registrant with meeting write permission will solve this ?

Hey @ankur.sharma,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum.

In understand how this can cause some frustration. The best way to think about this is that a user can schedule as many meetings at the same time as necessary but they will only be able to join two of them, at most, at one time.

You can try enabling join_before_host when using the Create a Meeting API to allow other users to join the meeting without the host. In this fashion, you can have multiple simultaneous meetings as long as the host has only started up to 2 of them.

JWT tokens do not support the /me route as they are account-level. Only OAuth, which has a concept of the current user, is able to use the /me route.

Instead, I recommend using the User ID or the User Email in order to accurately schedule meetings when using JWT authorization. It sounds like in this instance, instead of returning an error it defaults to the account owner as the host.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.