Multiple Screen Sharing Not Working in 1.8.0

Description
This could be a case where I don’t know how to use the feature, but I am not seeing a way to do multiple screen sharing in the WebSDK 1.8.0 (this was announced as one of the new features).

When I select the option to allow multiple screen sharing, it does not seem to stay saved. If I check the box and then return, my selection has not been saved. I am not able to share a second app or screen as it says it will take over sharing. Please see screenshots below.

Is there a way to have multiple screens presented at the same time?

Which version?
The latest version 1.8.0.

Screenshots
I first select allowing multiple participants to share.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 4.18.05 PM

When I open that dialog again, my selection has not been persisted.

A participant is not able to share simultaneously, they get a warning.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 4.18.32 PM

Hey @erichhansen

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

That thread does not seem related to multiple screen sharing. But thanks for the suggestion.

On our case, although it will allow us to proceed with multiple screen sharing, our screens are not actually being shared. The screen sharing bar is shown on both users’s screen. Screen sharing icon is shown as well on each user’s name on Participants list panel.

Hey @erichhansen, @lfrancia,

Thanks for reporting this. We will investigate the issue and get back to you with updates. (CS-2315)

-Tommy

1 Like

Hey @lfrancia, @erichhansen,

We were not able to reproduce the issue. Can you please provide a meetingUUID for a meeting that had this issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Thanks for looking at this. I originally was using meeting 92855540277 which is an older meeting. I tried to re-create just now (with a meeting with number 92972983594) and I don’t see the option to allow multiple screen sharing. The accounts I’m using for testing is not a licensed account - is it possible this is a feature only available for licensed accounts (rather than basic accounts)?

Hey @erichhansen,

It should work for all account levels. Here are the prerequisites for Multiple Screen Share:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, @tommy. The meeting ids I listed above were ones that were not working for me. On in particular I would select “Allow Multiple Participants to Share” and it did not respect this setting. When I clicked again the option would be de-selected - it did not appear to persist that setting.

Hey @erichhansen,

Thanks for providing these details. Our Web SDK engineerings are looking into the issue.

I will get back to you with what we find. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Here’s the meeting ID when I tried it on Web SDK v.1.8.1
Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Lara

I can also reproduce this in the sample app with Web SDK v 1.8.1. An example meeting id is. The settings for sharing do not seem to persist - I click the option to allow multiple screen sharing but when I click again the prior option is still selected. I cannot share multiple screens.

Hey @lfrancia, @erichhansen,

Thanks for the additional details, we are looking into it and will update you with any findings.

-Tommy

Can you provide an update on this issue @tommy?

Hey @erichhansen,

Unfortunately I do not have an update, but we are working to find the root cause. I will let you know once we figure out the issue. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.