Multiple Spotlight Videos on Android SDK custom meeting ui

Hi,

I’m trying to implement multiple spotlight videos on Android SDK custom meeting ui.

sdk 5.10.3.5593

The onSpotlightVideoChanged call is not always being called and the “on” param is “true” only when there is one spotlight video,
Param is false for multiple spotlight videos - in this case -the “isUserVideoSpotLighted” method returns false on spotlighted users -

If I delay the “isUserVideoSpotLighted” method for few seconds it returns true values.

The only dirty solution I found is to constantly run a loop to check isUserVideoSpotLighted on all users.

Is there a better way to handle this issue?

Thank You.

Hi @natan,

Based on my testing, there does seem to be some misalignment between what that callback says and what you can see in the meeting when utilizing multi-spotlighting. We’ll need to investigate this and get back to you.

In the meantime, periodically polling the isUserVideoSpotLighted value seems to be the best workaround.

Thanks!

Hi @natan,

Just a quick update - we have identified a fix and should be including it later this month in the 5.10.6 release.

Thanks!

Thank you for the fast reply and update.

You’re welcome!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new topic with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face: