Multitenancy with zoom API

Description
I am working on an app that allows users to schedule and host meetings. I created a JWT app as this is for internal use and to only allow users from within a given account.

Here are my requirements and challenges:

1. I want multiple users to be able to schedule meetings. I made a POC that had a single user and was able to successfully acomplish what i intended. But, I am stuck implementing a multitennant system.
  2. I dont want participants to be able to share meeting URL with external users. Currently i provide them with the Join_url returned as a response when i create a meeting. But, as users are redirected to zoom’s website there is a chance they may find and share that link with someone else. Is there a diffrent way to provide users access to the meeting?
  3. Participants for the meeting should only be managed from my application not by zoom. I did accomplish this by storing meeting info along with participants in my app

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
meetings and users

Additional context
I am developing my app with React as frontend and Express, MongoDb as backend

Hey @falcon-Z,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum.

With a JWT App, you can schedule meetings for any user under your own account but you won’t be able to schedule meetings for users under different accounts unless you have a master account with sub-accounts configured.

Typically, using an OAuth App that has been published is the best option to make requests on behalf of another account.

We don’t have a method to disable join_urls for a meeting. However, you can require registration and enable an authentication profile that requires the user to log in to Zoom.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037117472-Authentication-Profiles-for-meetings-and-webinars

This would mean that the user would have to log in to Zoom with a user that matched the registration in the join_url which should prevent accidental sharing of the URLs.

We don’t have a method to prevent a host from joining with the Zoom Client and managing participants in that manner unfortunately.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

1 Like