MuteAudio(0) never works

Description
MuteAudio(0) does not work on either PC nor Android’s Instant SDK. There are some other posts implying the same for other SDKs:
https://devforum.zoom.us/t/howto-get-my-own-user-id/18343/4

Which Desktop Video SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join a session
  2. Try calling muteAudio(0) from the audioHelper interface

Device (please complete the following information):

Additional context
This seems to be a known problem throughout some of the various Zoom SDKs (both Client and Desktop.) The crash caused by the call on Android leaves no logs and had me debugging the past week as I thought the cause was somewhere else. Please rectify the SDK, or the documentation if there are some technical challenges involved.

Hey @hung,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

The latest version of the Video SDK no longer takes in a userID but instead takes in a user object. Can you update to the latest version and then try passing in the user object instead of 0?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael!

My report is more about API documentation. Despite many references that claim this is valid, it is not. It is easy enough to use the user object instead, but putting in 0 causes the user to enter an unrecoverable broken state (and sometimes without errors or stacktrace, as is the case of the Android SDK quietly shutting down the Activity, causing me days of headache.)

It would be helpful for your new SDK users if the special muteAudio(0) is added back, or completely removed from the documentation. Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Hey @hung,

You’re right, I just looked at the reference and see “mute user’s voip audio. 0 means current user (myself)”. I will forward this to the documentation team. Thank you for pointing this out.

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.