UserId from onUserAudioStatusChanged of zoom-sdk-android-5.9.1.3662 is different

We recognize that this issue is often mentioned.

SDK version: zoom-sdk-android-5.9.1.3662
android version: android 8.1
Related:

Description
Callback UserId of onUserAudioStatusChanged is invalid.
onUserVideoStatusChanged is correct.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
zoom-sdk-android-5.9.1.3662

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. Update to the latest SDK (zoom-sdk-android-5.9.1.3662)
  2. The onUserAudioStatusChanged called when turning on / off the microphone and the UserId turned on / off are different. I am participating as a guest user.

Additional context

logcat
``` 01-12 16: 36: 41.467 15989 15989 V TTT: callback id: 16779266 vs myUserID: 16779264 ```

Hi @maehata, thanks for the post.

I tried testing this on the latest version of the SDK, but am unable to reproduce. When I mute/unmute my own mic, the callback consistently shows the same userId as the getMyUserID method. The value of the ID also stays consistent across multiple mute/unmute cycles. Are you sure that you are comparing the correct ID? If you’re unsure, please provide a code snippet of how you are getting your own ID for comparison.

Thanks!

Hello jon.

Thank you for your confirmation.
We solved it by using inMeetingService.isMyself in conclusion.

I used getMyUserId to get the UserId used for comparison with the callback. Below is the Kotlin implementation. Please note that it is Property.

private val myUserID: Long
         get () {
             val inMeetingService = ZoomSDK.getInstance ().inMeetingService
             return inMeetingService?.myUserID?: -1
         }

The comparison between the callback and myUserID.

override fun onUserAudioStatusChanged (
             userId: Long,
             audioStatus: InMeetingServiceListener.AudioStatus
         ) {
             if (userId! = myUserID) {
                 return
             }
             doSomething ()

The strange thing is that onUserVideoStatusChanged is Ok, but onUserAudioStatusChanged doesn’t match.
However, what we wanted to do was realized. Thank you for your help.

I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve this!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out with a new topic if you have any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, jon.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog#publications/android-meeting-sdk-v5-9-1-3674-patch

Issue where incorrect user IDs were returned in audio related callbacks.

Does v5-9-1-3674-patch support this ticket?
If so, thank you for your support.

best regards,

Hi @maehata,

There was an issue identified across all platforms where incorrect IDs could be returned in audio callbacks. Please let me know if you are still seeing any inconsistent behavior on the latest version of the SDK and we can look into this further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.