Need help in understanding zoom behaviour for admin and non admin users

Description
I am trying to build a zoom app, and want to understand a few behaviors of zoom to finalize my user journeys.
Questions:

1. When a zoom account-level app is installed by zoom admin, Does the non-admin users of zoom get the app installed automatically or the admin has to perform some action/approval/setting change to get the app installed for the non admin users?
  2. Assuming that the app is somehow installed does the non-admin users needs any different approval or permission from the admin to perform actions(Creating meeting, delete meeting, etc).

Error
None

Which App?
It’s in building phase not published

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Not needed

Screenshots (If applicable)
Not needed

Additional context
Not needed

PS: I don’t have a credit card available to create an axxount and test it myself.

Hi @ajaiswal2

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community! I am happy to help here!

I understand that you are trying to get more information on how our account-level apps work. Find more information about that here:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/#account-level-and-user-managed-apps

To answer your questions:

1. When a zoom account-level app is installed by zoom admin, Does the non-admin users of zoom get the app installed automatically or the admin has to perform some action/approval/setting change to get the app installed for the non admin users?

When an admin installs an authorize the app, it will grant the app permission to access data under the account, the non-admin users won’t have access to the app and only the admin will have privileges to use the app

1. Assuming that the app is somehow installed does the non-admin users needs any different approval or permission from the admin to perform actions(Creating meeting, delete meeting, etc).

The non-admin users do not need to give approval or permissions to the admin to perform actions.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

Hi, Thanks for responding.

Regarding your answer to Q1:

What do I want to build?
I want to create an account-level app that once installed by an admin of a zoom account will be available for all the non-users as well.

As you are saying an account-level app can only be used by the admin, but I have a couple of examples where the admin installed the app and the app was available for all the non-admin users as well.

Example :

This app App Marketplace
when installed by the admin user was available for the non-admin users as well.

While installing this app App Marketplace

It was not available for non-admin users.

I don’t understand how this works and would really appreciate your help here.

PFA In this you will see LTI pro installed by admin was available for non-admin user while other 2 apps didn’t show up

Thanks! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.