Network Signal Strength of the Host Streaming Live Stream

Video SDK Type and Version
Video Sdk - Android and Version - “1.6.2”

Description
Does the Zoom Video SDK offer any method to access the network signal strength of the host streaming live? My goal is to display the host’s network signal to participants during the live stream.

I gone through onUserVideoNetworkStatusChanged callback but in docs it mentioned that there must be at least two users in the session with their video on.
And this callback is for individual participant and not for the host right?

@priyanshub ,

this should be for all users. There is a user object which is returned together with the status object.

@chunsiong.zoom but this onUserVideoNetworkStatusChanged does not returns the network signal strength of the host right. According to my use case mentioned in description is there any method that zoom provides?

@priyanshub it should return everyone’s status.

For your use case, you will check if the returned user object isHost().

Okay @chunsiong.zoom and its mentioned -

To get a network status change callback, there must be at least two users in the session with their video on

So every participants need to turn on the video to get network status change callback?

@priyanshub , at least 2 of them needs to turn on video for this callback to work

@chunsiong.zoom So suppose our in our use case we can only turn on the video of the host, so this callback will not work. So we will need to check the workaround other than zoom right?

And what about this method - ZoomVideoSDKVideoStatisticInfo (Zoom.us SDK API Document)

Not able to find this method in my current zoom sdk version

@priyanshub this callback will not work with only 1 user turning on video

Hey @chunsiong.zoom i was thinking to show fps instead of network. Using
ZoomVideoSDK.getInstance().session.sessionVideoStatisticInfo.recvFps
but getting fps value as 0 only. Same for latency and package loss.

@priyanshub for this to work you need to ensure

• the host is sending video
  • the caller of the API is receiving video from the host
  • the video is already streaming. if you call the recvFps too early before the video is ready, it will be 0.

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, the Zoom Video SDK’s onUserVideoNetworkStatusChanged callback is indeed designed for individual participants, and it requires at least two users with their video on to trigger. However, there isn’t a specific callback or method directly provided by the Zoom Video SDK to access the network signal strength of the host streaming live.

To achieve your goal of displaying the host’s network signal to participants during the live stream, you may need to explore alternative methods, such as integrating third-party network monitoring tools or utilizing Zoom’s broader event and reporting functionalities. Additionally, check for any updates or new features in the Zoom Video SDK documentation, as the SDK may evolve, and new capabilities could be introduced.

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, the Zoom Video SDK does not provide a direct method to access the network signal strength of the host streaming live. The onUserVideoNetworkStatusChanged callback you mentioned is indeed designed to notify when the network status of a participant changes, but it requires at least two users with their video on in the session.

Moreover, this callback primarily focuses on individual participant network statuses and doesn’t specifically target the host. If your goal is to display the host’s network signal to participants during the live stream, you might need to explore alternative approaches. You could consider gathering network information at the host’s end using other means and then conveying this information to participants through a custom interface or messaging system.

It’s advisable to regularly check the Zoom Video SDK documentation or contact Zoom support for any updates or new features related to network signal strength monitoring, as APIs and SDK capabilities can evolve over time.
The Capitec branch code is 470010, and with this code, you can make quick money transfers while the corresponding banks can quickly identify it.