I am experienced Java developer but total noob to Android Studio and Zoom SDK. I am trying to get vanilla Zoom SDK example to run and I’m on my 2nd day with no luck. Nothing fancy here … just trying to get unmodified example to run, so was kind of hoping this step would be easy.
Android Studio 3.6.3
Android Gradle Plugin 3.6.3
Zoom SDK v4.6.21666.0429
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
MacBook Pro 2014 16GB
To Reproduce(If applicable)
- Check for Android Studio updates. Have latest version.
- Clone Zoom SDK from github.
- Open Android Studio and create new project.
- Edited key files as described in Zoom SDK documentation.
- Attempted to run example … but … it required a run configuration. I failed to create a run configuration because no modules were listed.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy 5se
- OS: Android 9 (Pie)
- API 28
I’ve tried …
- closing and restarting Android Studio.
- Sync project with gradle files
- Different ways to import the project … existing project, via gradle, via android gradle.
- Different gradles (gradle-wrapper.properties and external gradle in /usr/local/opt/gradle/libexec)
- I did successfully create and run a vanilla Android Studio Basic Activity, so something works.
- Tried to copy Zoom SDK example code into Basic Activity project. UPDATE: Am currently going down this path and debugging runtime launch errors.