Not able to join audio or video

We are using web sdk 1.9.0. When we try to join audio we get the below error. please advise.

Hi @helloparent,

Have you allowed your browser to access the microphone? If you have and you’re still seeing this issue, can you share any steps to reproduce, as well as a screenshot of any browser console errors you’re seeing? Additionally, please confirm your browser and version.

Thank you,
Will

Hi Will,

We have been using this SDK for last 8 months and all of a sudden this issue has started appearing in last week to all our users. We start the class/meeting from our SDK (electron/android/ios) and try to join the meeting on the Web SDK.

Regards
Atul

We are using Chrome with version 88.0.4324.150

Hi @helloparent,

Thanks for sharing these details. Are you serving your serving the site over HTTPS? Can you also check your network/firewall settings to ensure this isn’t blocking Zoom audio?

Once you’ve confirmed these details, can you please share a screenshot of your Chrome Dev tools Network tab, with WS selected—here is an example:

This will be helpful to further debug.

Thank you,
Will

Hi Will

Yes we are using HTTPS to serve our site. Also, as mentioned earlier, it had been working fine since last 8 months. This issue cropped up all of a sudden since last week without any change from our side. We then updated the SDK to 1.9 but the issue still persists.

Pls see the screenshot of WS as required.

Hi @helloparent,

Thank you for sharing these details. We are looking into this for you (CS-3031).

I’ll be in touch,
Will

Hi Will

when can be expect an update on this. Please note that even though it shows this error, the participant can hear the voice of the host but voice of the participant does not reach the host. Same is the issue with video. When we open the video, I cannot see myself but the host can see me.

Hi @helloparent,

I hope to have an update for you soon. Our team is still investigating this, and I will follow up as soon as I have an update for you.

Thanks,
Will

Hi will

Awaiting your response as it is a business impacting issue. We are not able to take the classes.

Hi @helloparent,

In taking a closer look, we believe it’s possible that this error could be due to jQuery not being loaded properly. Per the console-error screenshot, the message reads “$ is not defined” – which is a common message to see when not loading jQuery properly.

While our SDK does not use jQuery anymore (v 1.9.0), it seems that you may have a bootstrap dependency in your code which does depend on jQuery—separate from our Web SDK. Could you please see if loading jQuery resolves this issue?

Thanks,
Will

Thanks, this resolved the issue.

Glad to hear this did the trick, @helloparent! :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

Hi Will

We are facing similar issues with Zoom IOS SDK on Ipad with ios 14.4. The participant is not able to join audio or video even though he is able to listen to the host voice. How do we share logs and figure out the issue here?

Please note that the issue is not present on Iphone.

SDK version used : Zoom SDK version no: v5.4.54802.0124

Hey @helloparent,

Please post in our #mobile-client-sdk:ios category and a subject matter expert will follow up with you. Alternatively, you can send an email to developersupport@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.