Web SDK Meeting Audio Problem

Description
I created meeting through Zoom API successfully…and successfully joining the meeting as host but once I click “Join Audio by Computer”…the button show a loading icon for a while then an error pop up…

“Zoom is temporarily unable to use your computer’s devices to connect to the meeting audio. Click “Join Audio by Computer” to try again.”…there is some error in the console also…

But if I test using webinar Join Audio by Computer seems working fine…

Error
Zoom is temporarily unable to use your computer’s devices to connect to the meeting audio. Click “Join Audio by Computer” to try again.

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join Meeting through web SDK
  2. Click on ‘Join Audio by Computer’
  3. See error

Screenshots
2020-06-26 09_55_32-Virtual Events Portal

Desktop PC (please complete the following information):

• Device: PC
  • Version: 83.0.4103.116
  • Browser:Chrome

Hey @rick7,

Are you serving the site over https and allowing the browser to access your mic?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I am experiencing almost the same issues as the original poster. I have only tried it with ‘meetings’.

The site is served over https. After clicking “Join Audio by Computer” and allowing microphone in the browser permissions dialog, I see the same error message “Unable to use computer audio”.

However I am able to hear others and others can hear me as well. “Join Audio by Computer” button is still visible and clicking “Join Audio by Computer” goes through the same process and leads to the error dialog, but audio continues to work correctly.

Version
1.7.9 (downgraded from 1.7.10 because of other problems with audio)

Screenshots

Desktop info

• OSX Catalina Chrome 84.0.4147.105

Hey @hub-eng,

It looks like you are embedding the Web SDK into an iFrame. If so, please try adding any attributes to the iFrame element like sandbox="allow-scripts".

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy , I tried that but doesn’t have any effect. I still see the same issue. Here is a screenshot

I also tried loading the iframe url in a new tab, and still see the same “Unable to use computer audio” dialog.

Hey @hub-eng,

Strange, can you check to see if there are any errors in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy There were no errors. I only see a log message.

Thanks @hub-eng,

We are looking into the issue and will provide you with an update. (CS-2046)

-Tommy