Not getting event notifications for chats

Description
I have not been able to get any event notifications for chat messages

Error
No error messages - just not getting events
Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I first tried using a Webhook-only app; but it does not have Chat Message notifications. The documentation says I need a user-managed OAuth app with “Chat Message Sent” subscriptions; so I did that. I am able to get responses to API calls in the app; but I am not getting any event notifications for chats.

Which Endpoint/s?
https://1366301-v122.1373-static.plfdilaa.metronetinc.net:9091

I am trying to scrape chat messages from judges in a photo competition to get their scores for images. Doing this manually is cumbersome, so I am trying to develop an app to gather the scores automatically and send them to the scoring program.

Hi @dwputz,

Can you ensure that the endpoint you’re specifying to receive Zoom payloads that meets these requirements:

• Is publicly accessible (not behind a login)
  • Returns a 200OK response upon receiving payloads

When I try to ping the endpoint you’ve provided, I get a 500 error.

Thanks,
Will

Hi,

Sorry, I didn’t leave the app for the endpoint running. I"ll leave it up for whatever you
would like to try. Thanks!

-Dave

Hey @dwputz,

I’m still not able to access that URL. Have you tried testing your Webhook app with another endpoint? If you use a tool like RequestBin for example, do you still have the same issue?

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.