Webhook event (chat channels) not being called

Description
webhook event are not hitting the endpoint urls when a new channel is created or deleted or any other event that is called related to chat channels. While webhook events related to chat messages and user activity work fine and hit the endpoint URLs.

Error
We do not see any errors, simply that our API is not getting called by the chat channel Zoom Webhook

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
O Auth - user level

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. enable event subscription
  2. turn on chat channel webhooks
  3. install app
  4. create a new channel
  5. endpoint does not get called

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
The endpoint url returns 200 OK as a response. and its common for all the three webhook.

Hi @abhishek_s.chaudhary,

Thanks for reaching out about this—can you confirm that the user who is creating the channel has installed the app before doing so?

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Thanks for the response. Yes i have confirmed that the user creating the channel has installed the app, The other hooks like when a chat is sent or user signs in and out the app works correctly. Its a problem only with chat channel hooks.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hey @abhishek_s.chaudhary,

Thank you for the update. It’s important to note that if an endpoint returns anything except for a 200 OK status, Zoom will stop sending webhook events to that endpoint. Are you using the same endpoint for all these events? Can you confirm that it has always returned a 200 OK status on receipt of a webhook event?

One thing you can try is to disable and re-enable the app in order to reset any “blocked” webhooks that Zoom may not be sending. In the meantime, we are working to make this process more transparent so that you are automatically emailed if this does happen.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,
Thanks for the response. I confirm that we are using the same endpoint for all the events and the endpoint is indeed returning 200 OK status response upon receiving a webhook event.

I tried removing and re-installing the app to see if that solves the problem of not being able to get any channel related webhooks, but its still the same. I also tried it with an entirely new OAuth app, but no luck there either.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Are you able to share the endpoint URL that you’re using? I’ll look into this further. If you don’t want to post it here, you can send an email to developersupport@zoom.us and I’ll follow-up there.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @maxM
I’ve emailed the URL. It’d be great if you could follow up there.

Thanks,
Abhishek

I can see the ticket you’ve submitted, I’ll be sure to follow-up with you there.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey All,

In the interest of keeping the solution to this issue public, I’ll add what we found here.

Our engineering team identified a bug that was preventing Chat Channel Events from being delivered. We plan to release a fix for this issue with our March 14th release. (ZOOM-250952)

In the meantime, please subscribe to our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max