Not receiving download_token for /users/{userId}/recordings API endpoint

Description
Calling /users/{userId}/recordings and including the access_token query parameter does not return a download_token value in the response (as the all-recordings-completed webhook does.

Error
No specific error.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

• /users/{userId}/recordings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Call endpoint as such: /users/olf_tech_coordinator@openlibraryfoundation.org/recordings?page_size=300&from=2022-01-13&to=2022-02-13&access_token={redacted}
  2. Examine response JSON

Additional context
Ultimately, I’m attempting a direct download of the recording files (without the interstitial web form), so I need the download_token to append as a query parameter to the download_url value I’m getting from the “List all recordings” call. I can work around the problem by appending the same JWT that I’m using to make the /users/{userId}/recordings call.

Hi @olf_tech_coordinator
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Have you tried calling the GET meeting recordings endpoint?

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/methods#operation/recordingGet

You should be able to get a download_access_token in your response body when calling that endpoint.
Hope this helps
Elisa

That might work, but what I am pointing out is that the response from the API does not match the documentation: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/methods/#operation/recordingsList

Note: To access a user’s password protected cloud recording, add an access_token parameter to the download URL and provide either the JWT or the user’s OAuth access token as the value of the access_token parameter.

Hi @olf_tech_coordinator ,

The Recording Completed webhook for a User Level OAuth app includes a download token which you can use to download the recording programmatically.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.