Now we are limited to only 3 Add Webinar Registrant API calls PER DAY, Is that limit going to increase?

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
The new limit of 3 requests per day on Add Webinar Participant and Add Meeting Participant makes this really prohibitive. It means that my clients cannot rejoin a webinar/meeting if they have multiple computer or connection issues. Are you going to increase that limit? If so, when and what would the new value be?

Error
POST /v2/webinars/{webinarId}/registrants Add a webinar registrant

• Error Message — “You have exceeded the daily rate limit ( $RateLimitValue ) of Webinar Batch Registration API requests permitted for ( {1} ) this particular registrant. You may resume these requests at GMT 00:00:00.”

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /webinars/{webinarId}/registrants
POST /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Send a request to the above endpoints more than 3 times a day.

Hey @njrr2021,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’ll first note that the limit applies registering the same participant for the same occurrence of a meeting more than 3 times in one day.

If you have a use case where you are registering a participant each time they join a meeting then you should be able to avoid the rate limit by making one request to register the user and retaining their join_url.

From that point, if the user attempts to re-join the meeting, you can redirect them to their unique join_url instead of making a call to add them as a registrant.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.