OAuth Application on other accounts (without publishing, no need to publish)

Description
I am looking to authorize my Zoom (non published app) on other accounts just so I can perform API requests on the data of these accounts.
Is there any way to do this without publishing my app as it’s only purpose is to get data.
Furthermore, if there is a better way of getting data of other users in Zoom please let me know.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

/meetings/{meetingId}

/users/{userId}

Hey @james1, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Are the Zoom users you are trying to get data from on your Zoom account? Or are they on outside Zoom accounts?

If they are inside your Zoom account, you can get your Zoom users info via JWT, or OAuth.

If they are on outside Zoom accounts, your OAuth app will need to be published on the Marketplace.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, thanks for the swift reply! :slight_smile:

They are for outside Zoom accounts.

Is it easy to publish an OAuth app that will only be used for data retrieval on the endpoints above for accounts or is it likely my app will not be accepted to the Zoom Marketplace?

If this is not a valid approach where can I go from here?

Note: I only need 1-1 meetings and this is for a small project hence why I don’t want to pay for a meeting plan.

Any help is much appreciated :smile:

1 Like

Hey @james1,

Thanks for the clarification! :slight_smile:

Yes it is a simple process to publish an app if you completed all the steps listed here. Go ahead and double check you have the information all filled out, and then submit your app for review.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Is there any way around publishing my app as it’s only for a toy project that will be ran locally and probably won’t be used again.

Furthermore, I cannot provide all the information and support for my app to be accepted.

Hey @james1,

If it is for a toy project, I suggest making a tutorial of how to create the OAuth app, and then setup the local / dev server for whoever wants to use it. Similarly to what I did here:

Thanks,
Tommy