Offer users the ability to install individually OR for their org (if they're admins)

I want to be able to offer users the choice to install for themselves only, or, if they’re admins, install and authorize the app for their entire org.

Do I need to build two OAuth apps? In which case, does that mean I’d have two listings?

Hey @ryan3,

We encourage only building one Zoom OAuth app. What is your use case for needing two besides you wanting to have the two different install options (account vs. per user)?

Thanks,
Tommy

The end-user install version offers a low-friction install for individual users. It likely won’t require levels of. approval, etc. The admin install is for larger organizations who want to ensure broader adoption and centralized management.

I’d be happy to be able to solve this with a single app, but it doesn’t look like the admin install provides the option to “scope it down” to an end-user format…

Hey @ryan3,

With the Account Level OAuth app you will be able to do anything as if every user installed your user level app.

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes, but it requires an admin to install it. I want to allow end-users to install it individually.

I think the solution is that we have an unlisted oauth app (either the admin or the individual), but from our website, we allow the user to decide if they want to install for their entire org or just for themselves.

Hey @ryan3,

You could do that flow, but you might get some push back from the App Marketplace Review team.

Thanks,
Tommy