On-Join notification for an empty room

All,
I’d like to have zoom notify me if someone joins a specific room while no meeting is scheduled and no one else is in the room. I’ve tried Integromat, Power Automate, and IFTTT with no success.
Any thoughts on how to accomplish this? Integromat let me use a genric webhook, but it kept triggering and looped no matter if someone was in the room or not. I want zoom to be the trigger to drive sending an e-mail that someone has joined a specific empty room.

Thanks!

Hey @mum1895,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please see our Zoom Room Checked In Webhook and let me know if this would fit your use case. This webhook event will fire when a user checks in to a Zoom Room.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

First off, thanks for the reply and assistance!
The checked-in webhook is interesting but unfortunately doesn’t fit my scenario as no meeting would be scheduled to flag as checked in. Zoom alerts me when someone joins my personal room or when someone joins a meeting a little early. What I would like is to be notified if someone joins a room with no meeting scheduled and no one else is in the room.

I have yet to find the right combination to make this a reality.

Hey @mum1895,

Thank you for clarifying. It sounds like there are a couple of options here:

1. If you want to see if a host started an unscheduled meeting you can use the meeting.started webhook. You can then check the meeting type to know if it was scheduled or instant.

1. If you want to be notified when a participant joins an unscheduled meeting before the host, you can use the meeting.participant_jbh_joined webhook. Similar to the previous method, you can check for a type of 1 to know if the meeting was instant or scheduled.

To see if there are participants in the live meeting, you can use the Get Meeting Participants Dashboard API. Otherwise, you can call the Get Past Meeting Participants API after the meeting ends.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.