On premise recording server now unusable

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I have two recording servers that I have been using successfully for many years. With the last update, all identification (meeting id/user name) on the recordings was removed, so that now there is no way to identify the recordings. Support has been no help at all, telling me to use the API but as far as I can tell, the API does not support on premise servers. So now I have a server with lots of nice recordings that I can do absolutely nothing with. Can someone please tell me how to tell what recording goes with what account??

Error

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
All

Which Endpoint/s?
On premise video recording connector

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Record to the on premise cloud
Look for the recording
No way to tell which recording it is

Hi @emmar ,

Happy to assist in getting you the support you need to resolve this. Can you send your account and server information to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread and addressed to me? Please also include your previous support ticket number in the body of the email.

I will get your issue in front of the right person.

Best,
Gianni

I actually connected with an engineer today who is escalating this to Jira - if nothing comes of that, I will get back to you. Thanks.

Okay thank you @emmar. If they are not able to resolve, can you please send this thread link as a response in that support ticket and ask them to add the developer advocate from the post as a watcher.

Gianni

Ok, I don’t actually have access to the thread and am just having to wait for a response from Jon Brademeyer who submitted it. If you can access regular tickets - here is the original ticket number - https://support.zoom.us/hc/requests/12896141

I run two Zoom On Premise Meeting Connectors and two Recording connectors. As such, all my on premise users record directly to the zoom on premise recording connectors. These are the recordings that I now have no way of identifying.

Hi @emmar ,

Yes I can see the ticket now, thanks for sending this! The Support Engineer is looking into if and how you can access this info via API with this new update. I’m also inquiring with my team to see what work arounds are available to you.

Gianni

It seems kind of unbelievable that you need a work around to make a product functional…

Hi @emmar ,

I see this was taken care of on the support side. For anyone else looking for a similar use-case:

On-prem/hybrid customers can use multiple Zoom API calls to create a local database that will map MeetingID to UUID, then UUID to SessionID. This will allow you to get SessionID to MeetingID mapping.

We would love to hear what configuration you decided on to help support other Developer Forum members!

Thank you,
Gianni

Actually there is a single API call to pull the recording details per user that does work with the mc parameter to address the on prem server. We are now pulling that with a python script that is parsing the data and then moving the recording to the required folder. Thankfully my coworker has been playing with data manipulation in python so he was able to put it together for me. We still need to address the authentication part but at least I am somewhat functional for now.

1 Like

Hey @emmar,

Thanks for keeping us posted! If you have any questions in regard to authentication please reach out in a new forum post or through our Developer Support Center.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks I got it figured out.

Updated Request with MC parameter on https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/methods#operation/recordingsList:

Set mc query parameter (boolean as a string data type) === true. Then the response should include in the payload’s recording_files.file_path but ONLY for Zoom On-Premise Accounts, and it will be the file path to the binary data file. Example:

{
“from”: “2019-08-15”,
“to”: “2019-09-15”,
“page_count”: 1,
“page_size”: 30,
“total_records”: 1,
“next_page_token”: “”,
“meetings”: [
{
“uuid”: “XXXXXXXnCkPuA==”,
“id”: 1000000000000,
“account_id”: “XXXXXXXhdEEE”,
“host_id”: “XXXXXXXBBBBBBBfp8uQ”,
“topic”: “MyTestPollMeeting”,
“type”: 2,
“start_time”: “2019-08-29T21:54:49Z”,
“timezone”: “America/Los_Angeles”,
“duration”: 1,
“total_size”: 47383,
“recording_count”: 1,
“share_url”: “Error - Zoom”,
“recording_files”: [
{
“id”: “XXXXXXXBB-8718e”,
“meeting_id”: “gkABCDEnCkPuA==”,
“recording_start”: “2019-08-29T21:54:55Z”,
“recording_end”: “2019-08-29T21:55:24Z”,
“file_type”: “M4A”,
“file_size”: 10098,
“play_url”: “Error - Zoom”,
“download_url”: “Error - Zoom”,
“status”: “completed”,
“recording_type”: “audio_only”
},
{
“id”: “96119b=kdfhf791”,
“meeting_id”: “gkABCDEnCkPuA==”,
“recording_start”: “2019-08-29T21:54:55Z”,
“recording_end”: “2019-08-29T21:55:24Z”,
“file_type”: “MP4”,
“file_size”: 37285,
“play_url”: “Error - Zoom”,
“download_url”: “Error - Zoom”,
“status”: “completed”,
“recording_type”: “shared_screen_with_speaker_view”,
“file_path”: “/opt/zoom/meeting_connector_files/…/filename.ext” // <<<< NOTE THIS PROPERTY AND ITS DESCRIPTION IN DOCS
}
]
}
]
}