onConnect & onMessage in guest mode is not firing

Hi,

I have a simple workflow setup to test the Zoom socket connect features. It’s basically console logging all of the events.

In my main logged in instance, I receive all messages, a success response from the zoomSdk.connect() call, and the firing of the onConnect event.

Then, in my guest mode Zoom instance, running the same code, I receive a success response from the zoomSdk.connect() call, but then receive nothing from the onConnect event.

Message passing between the host and guest mode Zoom app instances similarly do not work, as no event is fired for onMessage

I have all relevant APIs enabled and guest mode with the local testing turned on and working.

The ZoomApp SDK Documentation clearly indicates that these events are supported in guest mode.

Is this a bug? Can someone point out what may be the issue here?

Here is the response from zoomSdk.config() for the guest mode client:

auth: {status: "unauthenticated", upgradable: false}
browserVersion: "applewebkit/17613.3.9.1.16"
clientVersion: "5.12.9.13190"
media: {video: null}
product: "desktop"
runningContext: "inCollaborate"
unsupportedApis: [] (0)
userAgent: "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko)"

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. One of the engineers on the team is working on reproducing this possible bug.

1 Like

Thank you @pranav.katariya. Please keep me informed of the results.

A reliable socket connection is very important for my application.

I was also able to reproduce the problem in an up-to-date windows Zoom App client running in guest mode.

cc. @MaxM, internal bug has been created.

1 Like

Can you share the ID of the bug submission here?

1 Like

Have sent it to you on internal communication.

1 Like

Hi, there I am having the same issue with the guest mode not being connected. Chris managed to describe the exact issue that I am having.
Currently I am running two instances of zoom on the same pc, but I’ve tried the same flow with 2 pc’s and I am having the same issue.
Can someone point me out if I am missing something on my side?

It’s not working for us in the same way. It just doesn’t fire an event :disappointed: .