onMeetingReady() does not fire

Description
Hello ,

When I join a meeting and try to join a breakout room, sometimes MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService.delegate is not enabled and onMeetingReady() does not fire, is there any way to fix this?

In viewDidLoad()
MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService.delegate = self
I am initializing the service as

Sometimes it happens and I can join the breakout room and use it without any problem, and sometimes I can’t do anything because onMeetingReady() doesn’t fire.

thanks.

Which Mobile Meeting SDK version?

Hi @KAZUMA87, thanks for the post.

Can you please provide steps to reproduce this? I’ve tried testing and am able to successfully join a breakout room and see the onMeetingReady callback 100% of the time. Also, please let me know whether or not this is reproducible in the new 5.9.0 release of the SDK.

Thanks!

Hello , @jon.zoom

I’m using customUI.
There is a CustomUIViewController and here we are moving to the breakout room as the host.

MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()? .getAssistantHelper()? .joinBO(bo)
bo is a boid.

and enter the breakout room with

weak var breakoutUIVC = UIStoryboard(name: "Main", bundle: nil).instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: "BreakoutUIView") as? BreakoutUIViewController
        breakoutUIVC?.modalPresentationStyle = .fullScreen
        self.present(breakoutUIVC!, animated: false, completion: nil)

Move to BreakoutUIViewController in
In BreakoutUIViewController in viewDidLoad(),

MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()? .delegate = self

in viewDidLoad().
Layout-related operations are generated in viewDidAppear(). In this situation, sometimes onMeetingReady is not called.

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

Thanks for the information. Can you also confirm whether or not this is reproducible on v5.9.0?

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom ,

I tried changing the SDK version to 5.9.0, but it got worse and onMeetingReady() was not called at all.
However, even before onMeetingReady() is called, MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()? .myselfUserID() before onMeetingReady() was called, but since it was returning 0 in v5.7.6, there was a change here.

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

Are you saying that this was not called 100% of the time after updating? It is highly unlikely that there were any changes made to the SDK which would impact how the SDK triggers a callback at a basic level, so I’m thinking this must be an issue with your implementation or how you are checking the callback. Can you please confirm how this is being testing on your end?

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom ,

After that, I checked various things, and up to SDK version 5.7.1, onMeetingReady is called even after moving from the main session to the breakout room without any problem, but after SDK version 5.7.6, it is not called. The code is the same, only the SDK has been replaced.

MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()? .getAssistantHelper()? .joinBO(bo)

and it returns true, so it is assumed that the breakout can be joined.

If you have a sample Swift code to correctly join the breakout room from the main session, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

I’ve tried reproducing this in versions beyond v5.7.6, but I’m still seeing this callback triggered correctly 100% of the time. Let’s take a couple more steps to narrow down why you’re seeing different behavior.

First off, can you try reproducing this in the SDK sample app? I want to make sure that there isn’t something specific to the meeting instance you are using which is causing this behavior.

Next, are you able to receive other callbacks from your MobileRTCMeetingServiceDelegate instance when the onMeetingReady callback is missing?

If you have a sample Swift code to correctly join the breakout room from the main session, please let me know.

Unfortunately we do not yet have a full Swift sample app for the SDK, but it we are planning on creating more extensive Swift samples/documentation in the future. If you have any specific areas within the Objective-C implementation that you are having trouble converting to Swift, I can definitely help with translating over.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.