Other participant video goes blank

Description
I setup the Web Meeting SDK (3.1.4) in my React 18 with NextJs app. I’m able to join a meeting properly in the browser.
I’m joining the meeting through the web SDK and also through my desktop app.
But after a few seconds, the other participant’s video goes blank. I can still see my own video (the one coming from the web sdk) but I can’t see the video of the myself through the desktop app.

Browser Console Error
No console error

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Macbook Pro M2
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: 121.0.6167.85 (Official Build) (arm64)

@ayusha.upreti are you using client view for this?

React 18 is not supported on 3.1.4 client view.

We will be supporting React 18 soon in upcoming versions

@chunsiong.zoom Is it supported with client view 3.1.2?

I am able to downgrade to any version of the web SDK, but I cannot change my React version.

I need to use the highest fully-functioning version of the web sdk that is compatible with React 18

I downgraded to 3.1.2 (the same version in the sample app).

It’s still going blank

@ayusha.upreti ,

React 18 is not support at this moment. I would recommend waiting for next version of Web SDK which we have planned support for React 18.

@chunsiong.zoom
The sample react app is using the meeting sdk 3.1.2 and react 18.

I cannot recreate my problem in the sample app. I’ve had the zoom meeting open for about 30 minutes using the sample app and the video is not going blank.

@ayusha.upreti ,

are you setting z-index and applying customized CSS to the zoom web SDK? These scenarios are not supported.

@chunsiong.zoom I’m not setting z-index, the only thing I’m doing is setting document.getElementById('zmmtg-root').style.display = 'block'; when I start the meeting.

And i’m setting #zmmtg-root { display: none; } in my global css

Both of these are also done in the sample app. I’m not doing anything else

I think it’s working now, I don’t know what fixed it because I didn’t change anything

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.