Participant changing audio type does not trigger MobileRTCAudioServiceDelegate callback

Description
When a participant in a meeting connects or disconnects from audio none of the MobileRTCAudioServiceDelegate methods are called on the host device.

Which iOS Client SDK version?

To Reproduce

1. Host starts meeting
  2. Participant joins meeting
  3. Participant connects to audio
  4. Participant disconnects from audio

Expected result:
onSinkMeetingAudioStatusChange delegate method is called twice in response to the participant connecting and disconnecting from audio. This is what happens in older versions of the SDK.

Actual result:
No delegate methods are called.

Additional context
The delegate methods onSinkMeetingAudioStatusChange and onSinkMeetingAudioStatusChange:audioStatus: are correctly called when the participants mutes and unmutes which confirms that the host is setup to receive delegate method calls.

Bonus:
These are the changes I found between the version we’re switching from and the newest version. The table values are the delegate methods called on the host device in response to the given events.

1 Like

Hey @caleb.bolton,

Thanks for using the dev forum!
Let me run some tests to see if I can reproduce this issue. Stay tuned.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @caleb.bolton,

This took me a couple tries to reproduce, but I am seeing the same issue. I will file a bug report to the engineers about this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks @Michael_Condon!

Just a note, I see that the issue didn’t happen every time for you but from what I could tell this issue did not seem intermittent for me; I never saw onSinkMeetingAudioStatusChange called in response to a client connecting/disconnecting from audio.

Best,
Caleb

Hey @caleb.bolton,

Maybe I am mistaken, but I believe I saw it fire when the host/participant roles were reversed. As in, when the iOS SDK device is the participant and the host disconnects/reconnects.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @caleb.bolton,

There is a new version of the SDK that shipped today. It contains a fix for this issue. Can you update and let me know if you are still seeing this issue?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon ,

I tried out the new fixed version of the SDK and found that onSinkMeetingAudioStatusChange is still not being called as it was in previous versions, but now a new method onSinkMeetingAudioTypeChange is being called when participants change audio type, so we are unblocked.

Thanks for looking into this!

Hey @caleb.bolton,

Awesome, thank you for checking that :slight_smile: please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.