Passing email in webinar join URL

We setup a webinar and it asks for a name and email when the user joins the webinar. I want the user to be able to enter the webinar without having to type in their email and name. I was able to use the “uname” parameter to pre-populate the name, but is it possible to do the same for email? If not is it possible to make the webinar not ask for email when the user joins the webinar?

Hey @zxcjason,

The only way to do this is by using Webinar Registration and the Zoom App (not the Zoom Web Client).

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Tommy, Jason

Is this still the case? We find this to be inconvenient, and really want to be able to bring attendees in without them having Zoom ask them for their Name and Email address. I know that registration is a possibility, but the URL would be so much better, it takes a multi-step process and makes it much simpler.

Thanks in Advance

Hi @ryoung ,

Thanks for sharing this feedback. While this is still the case, I can certainly appreciate the value in being able to pass this information directly in the URL itself.

If you’re so inclined, I recommend submitting a feature request for this here for our team to further consider: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

Will,

Thank you, can you please clarify one thing? Are you saying that there is no way to pass this information AT ALL, or just that it can’t be done through the URL? I want to be able to bring an attendee into a zoom conference, I already know their name and email address, I don’t want them to have to enter it again. Is there a way to do this without using Zoom Pre-Registration?

Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

Hey @ryoung,

Thank you for your question. If the user already has a Zoom account, it will use the name and email from their account. Otherwise, there isn’t an option to set the name and email for a user joining a meeting.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Max,

Thanks for clarifying. Yes - I’ll make this as a feature request. This is an important feature for us. If anyone ever reading this finds a way, I’d love to hear it.

Thanks Again,

R

Hey @ryoung,

I’m glad to hear that answered your question! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

Hello!
We have just the oposite problem - we want to know who was joining the meeting. And because we have meetings, where mostly the atendees are eldery people, who don’t know how to use zoom, they often join the meeting on sibilings computer, not from their own zoom account. So often it comes to confusion, who was on the meeting and who wasn’t. Is there a way to ask partipants to write name and e-mail before they log in to a meeting?

Thank you!
Anita

Oh, and one more question is there a way you can get a list of who was on the meeting, when and for how long?

Thank you!

@kracunanita,

You can enable registration for the meeting and collect names and emails that way. Here is our support documentation which provides more details on this feature:

Scheduling a meeting with registration

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/211579443-Scheduling-a-meeting-with-registration

You can programmatically add meeting participants via this endpoint:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingregistrantcreate

Yes, can you pull the participant’s list? Here is a great community post on this topic:

You can also listen for webhooks events and populate an attendance sheet via the participant has joined the Webhook event :

Participant/Host joined meeting

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/events#/paths/meeting.participant_joined/post

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte