Possible to create meeting on behalf of another Zoom account?

Hooray! I’m glad that helped! :slight_smile:

I agree that the documentation makes it seem optional. The normal endpoint should either be able to handle it as a general case of me or clarify that the meeting:write scope only applies to the me version of the endpoint.

3 Likes

I like the idea of this solution, but can’t find the documentation on it. Could someone link to it?

As I understand it, my app can create a meeting for a user and share a join link with them without them ever having to provide permissions/avoid OAuth for them, is that right?

Hey @rahul8,

Here are the me context docs:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/auth/oauth#me-context

Are you wanting to create the meeting for a user on your own Zoom account or an external Zoom user?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the docs, Tommy. If I am able to create multiple meetings on my own Zoom account and then send one or more users join links to a given meeting my app creates, I’d be satisfied. It’s not necessary for the meetings to be in a user’s name, and I’d prefer it to be in my app’s name.

Are there any negative consequences to creating a meeting for a user on my own Zoom account, such as a user getting information on other meetings?

Hey @rahul8,

In that case yes, just create a Zoom user named “Your Company” or something similar.

Thanks,
Tommy

@peter.santos ,

I want to create a zoom app very similar to yours. In my case, I am hoping to create zoom meeting on behalf of yoga teachers to help them schedule classes with students.

Would you be willing to connect briefly to discuss?

My best,
Harrison

Don’t hesitate to let us know if we can help, too, Harrison!

Best,
Will

hey @peter.santos, i have the same query of creating meetings on behalf other zoom account holders from my web app.
My App Is a LMS (Learning Management System) in which i have teachers and students. I want teachers to create the meetings in their account.
Did you succeed in that. If yes then please tell me the procedure of that.
That will be highly appreciated
Thanks!

Thanks for reaching out to the community, @sheikh.shuaib666! If you have questions for Zoom, just let us know. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

hey @will.zoom thanks for reply, I have a LMS in which I want each teacher to create his meetings. I have at least 10,000 teachers how can i achieve that
I tried with JWT authentication but it allows 100 requests(create meetings) per day, is it possible that if they (teachers) will have zoom accounts and i can use their credentials of zoom to create their meeting through my web app
Thanks

Hey @sheikh.shuaib666,

Yes that is possible! :slight_smile:

Just use the OAuth flow to connect the teachers accounts (if they are not all under your own Zoom account) and then create the meetings on their behalf.

Does that help?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy thanks for reply, highly appreciated. My Last question, is it possible to Register a User(teacher) for zoom from my web app.
Thanks

Hey @sheikh.shuaib666,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When you send a user through the OAuth flow, they will have the opportunity to log in or create an account directly from the Zoom website. If this is something you would like to handle directly from your web app, you can use the User Create API to create a user under your account.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,
Thanks for your reply, I don’t want to create the user under my account but a user for zoom through my web app.
Thanks

Hey @sheikh.shuaib666,

Thank you for the update! If you were to send a user through the OAuth flow and they weren’t already logged in, they can create an account from Zoom and this wouldn’t associate them with your account. The user would only be associated with your account if you invited them or if you created the user using our Create a Meeting API.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks @MaxM, After the user creates an account for zoom, then I want their credintials to store and create meetings on their behalf.
Thanks

Hey @sheikh.shuaib666,

Thank you for the update. When you use the OAuth flow, you can retain the Access Token in order to make requests on their behalf but it’s important to note that you will need to refresh the access token each hour using the Refresh Token request that is listed in that documentation.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

I followed steps 1 - 4. I also have two accounts; one personal and one work. But when I try to open the URL while logged in with personal mail it says “This app cannot be installed outside of the developer’s account. Please contact the application developer to get support with installing this application”. How did you do it on the “Testable Url”, since both users(personal@gmail.com and work@gmail.com) are two on different accounts? I got to know that my app needs to be published on the zoom marketplace or I can request a beta testing link. How did you do it without publishing the app or beta test link?

Hey @soham.gadhave,

Thank you for your question. You can test an unpublished app temporarily by clicking the "Request to share this app outside this account.” link on the “submit” page in the marketplace.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max