Pricing of Zoom API integration?

Hey @iman,

Please create a new topic since your questions are unrelated to the original topic. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,
I wanted to create a chat based application that will also hold video calling. If i have 100 users and want to allow 1-1 video call for each user with probably every other user, which plan would be good for me? Would I be able to create all these calls using the Bsic plan ?

Hi @vaib95,

There is no cost to use the Zoom API or to publish on the Marketplace, and some actions can be done on a Basic plan (such as calling our Meetings and Users endpoints). However, certain API endpoints have specific prerequisites where they will outline if a certain plan is required to utilize it. (For example, our Cloud Recordings endpoint states you must have a Pro or higher plan under ‘Prerequisites’).

Depending on your use case and the specific APIs you’re looking to use, you can determine which plan will be best. Generally speaking, if you’ll be building the app and integrating it, you may find a Pro or higher plan useful as you’ll have more endpoints and functionality available to you.

I hope this helps!
Will

Hi, I have read all your support however i’m still a little bit confuse so i’m asking you directly regarding my situation. I have a website where Employers & Seekers meet. Now, i’m wondering if that’s possible for me to integrate zoom on my website whereas the employers will be able to start zoom video call ( 1 on 1 ) with the seeker for their interview. Possible multiple employers are log on and doing video call with the seekers.

If possible what are the requirement & payment should I know & where do I start for implementation.

Hope to hear from you, good day!

Jeager

Hi @jeagerph,

Happy to clarify!

First—it’s free to use our APIs and SDKs. However, should you wish to use paid features (meetings over 40 minutes for groups, etc.), you will need to consider one of our paid plans. You can find our pricing here:

If the integration you have in mind will only have 1:1 meetings, you may not require any paid functionality. But this depends on which endpoints you will be using for your integration. You can find each of our API endpoints here:

If a certain paid plan is requried, you’ll see a prerequisites section like this:

If you’re developing an app and will be hosting group meetings under your account, we generally recommend considering at least 1 Pro license (see pricing link above).

I hope this helps!
Will

Similar question but slightly different business model. We’re a SaaS for the fitness and martial arts industry. In our model we would offer a zoom integration as a faciliatory, meaning we would pass the club owners or instructors credentials to create and host meetings and member’s would join from a portal.

If this model is supported, I assume there is no cost to the integration and the only limiting factor would be the owner/trainers account level, whether they have a free or pro account etc.?

Hey @rc.mccandless,

That’s correct—this can be achieved by building an OAuth app that you publish on our Marketplace. Your end users who download the app will just need to ensure that they have the appropriate host licenses to start meetings using your app.

The only cost in terms of building the integration would be to ensure you have a host license on your account to test/develop with.

Hope this helps to clarify!
-Will

Hi @will.zoom

I am also trying to understand the pricing / cost for my use case.

Here is an example for my use case:

• I have a desktop/web app that uses ZOOM sdk to get video streams and show them in my App UI
  • My App provides 1 on 1 as well as multi users meetings/conference.
  • Assume I have 1000 corporate customers, each have 100 employees (total of 100,000 users).
  • All users are authenticated in my App.
  • I understand that I need a Pro plan for api/sdk for my company

Questions:

1. Is there an additional cost for the video interactions (meetings) of my App users?
  2. What is the cost for one on one 40 minutes interactions ? and for one on one few hours interactions?
  3. What is the cost for multiple users (meeting) 40 minutes interactions ? and for multiple users (meeting) few hours interactions?

TX
Guy

Hey @shalomgu,

Good questions, happy to help clarify.

1. Is there an additional cost for the video interactions (meetings) of my App users?

No, it is free to be a participant in a Zoom meeting. If you’re hosting the meeting using a user under your account, that host must be licensed as you’re aware. But there are not costs to attendees, regardless of whether they belong to your Zoom account or a different account.

1. What is the cost for one on one 40 minutes interactions ? and for one on one few hours interactions?

It’s free for any Zoom user to host a 1:1, max 40 minute meeting. Once you need to host a group meeting over 40 minutes, this requires a Pro plan. Pricing for that here.

1. What is the cost for multiple users (meeting) 40 minutes interactions ? and for multiple users (meeting) few hours interactions?

Once you need to either A) have multiple attendees, or B) require a duration over 40 minutes, either of these conditions will require a Pro plan for the meeting host.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom

To make sure I understood your answer:

I wrote and web App that uses Zoom behind the scenes to stream video meetings.
I have purchased Zoom’s Pro plan which currently costs around $149.9.
Not I not my million users will need to pay any additional cost for unlimited video calls?

Hi @shalomgu,

As long as the host of the meeting you’re running behind the scenes has a Pro license, there’s no limit on duration or instances of that meeting you can host. However, there is a limit of scheduling 100 meetings per day, which is something you may want to keep in mind as the host. And to be clear, there is no cost associated with joining a Zoom meeting as a member.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

TX @will.zoom

So for my million users, 100 meetings a day is far from being enough.
So my question is if Zoom (as SDK/Platform) have a model for use cases like mine ?

TX a lot
Guy

Hey @shalomgu,

Thanks for clarifying—and apologies, I think my last post may have been a bit unclear. You can schedule more than 100 meetings per day, you’ll just need to have more than one host user to schedule these meetings behind the scenes.

So, if you had 4 host licenses (or more), you could schedule 400 meetings per day, for example. Does this help clarify?

Let me know!
Will

Hi @will.zoom

I have been reading this thread and it almost clear. Just a few question before we deep dive.

I am building a live online course platform.

I plan to use Zoom API where teachers grant access to the app to make Zoom API calls on their account, Create a meeting, register a new participant, list all registrants, …

I have read the Zoom API documentation.

In what I understand I need to build an app in the marketplace that in Oauth.

Zoom users (in that case, teachers) will be able to authorize their account (through OAuth) to make API calls.

This app will request permission to read:write in teachers account.

Then each calls will be made on the teacher account.

Teachers will need to have a paid plan (Pro or above) to be able to call the API and host meetings.

Students will be able to join free.

With this type of architecture then it is ultra scalable as each teacher is a host and can have meaning with multiple students.

The platform can that organise via API call unlimited concurent meetings? Is that correct?

Can the platform have access to all the recording meetings as long as teachers have given recording access in the App?

Thanks for your reply
Sylvain

1 Like

Hello,
I read the whole topic but I didn’t find an explaination regarding my use case.

Assume I have about 100k users in my app and some of them are creating meetings in the Zoom application (outside of my app). I’m using the Web SDK with signature generated using my apiKey and apiSecret to allow non-login zoom users join those meetings from my application.

Example case for 1 hour time span:

• 100 users of my app created a 100 different meetings in the Zoom app (assume all of them don’t require authorization when joining)
  • 1000 users of my app are joining these meetings from my application providing only the meeting id and meeting passcode
  • I’m using Web SDK with signature generated using my apiKey and apiSecret to allow them to join those meetings

So, I’m not using Zoom API to create meetings. I’m only using Web SDK to join meetings.

My questions:

1. are there any limitations in such case?
  2. what is the pricing (if any) and what plan do I need to handle this?
  3. assuming those meetings require authorization when joining will something change except users would need to login to theirs zoom account?
  4. I think I already found an answer to this one, but just to be sure - there is no possibility to use oauth and Web SDK to join a meeting without using my JWT to generate a signature, right?

Hey @gkopowski,

Thanks for laying out your use case, and good questions. See my comments here:

1. are there any limitations in such case?

For this use case in which you’re using the Web SDK, you will want to keep in mind the limitations of the SDK itself—there aren’t any limitations in regards to attendees being able to join via Web SDK (authenticated or not), but the performance of the Web SDK can be affected when you have 1000s of attendees. Please see this post:

1. what is the pricing (if any) and what plan do I need to handle this?

Pricing will depend on the number of attendees, which will affect the plan or add-on you need. See the increments based on attendees here:

1. assuming those meetings require authorization when joining will something change except users would need to login to theirs zoom account?

Users are not required to log in to attend a webinar, unless you explicitly require them to.

1. I think I already found an answer to this one, but just to be sure - there is no possibility to use oauth and Web SDK to join a meeting without using my JWT to generate a signature, right?

Correct—this is on our longer term roadmap, but our Web SDK currently only supports JWT.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Thanks @will.zoom !

I think everything is clear now, but to make sure I understand it correctly:

Assuming I have Pro plan, I can use my JWT to join users to basically unlimited number of meetings (up to 100 users per meeting), but I need to keep in mind that when the number of attendees will be very high the performance of the Web SDK will be affected, so the users may have issues connecting to the meetings. Is this correct?

Hey @gkopowski,

That’s right—A Pro plan allows for up to 100 participants, and you’ve understood correctly that as the number of participants gets up in the hundreds, you will want to consider the performance in the Web SDK when making your decision where to host.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Best,
Will

hey @will.zoom
Jon thanks for your reply ,
my question is , can i create different Scheduled meetings with different time
and allow my app that has zoom SDK integrated to join Scheduled meeting created by me Developer
the users that will join the meetings only join using the meeting id- i don’t want to create accounts for them-
:slight_smile:
they can

1. have a voice/video call
  2. share screen
    is is applicable for API users ,without me HOST being available in every meeting
    P.S some meeting can be held at the same time(overlapping )

Hi @mohammed.adel.sorour,

Please create a new thread for this question and we’ll be happy to help!

Thanks,
Will