Problems with changed ScreenSharing View and Crackling Audio in current Desktop Meeting SDK

If i start screen sharing in Desktop Meeting SDK by calling “StartMonitorShare” in MeetingShareController the appereance of the Window changed since version v5.7.1.644

There is no Sharing Toolbar on the top of the window and the Main Windows with the Gallery View is still visible.

If there are more participants in the meeting the audio starts crackling.
In the statistics Window you can see some packetloss in the Screen-Sharing tab.

If i do exactly the same in Desktop Meeting SDK Version v5.5.12509.0330 there are no issues.
The Toolbar is shown and you see the GalleryView just on the second screen. The Main Window is not visible and there is no packetloss.

If you start the ShareScreen manually by clicking the green Button at the main window in SDK Version v5.7.1.644 or Version v5.7.6.1072 it shows the Toolbar and hides the main window.

Must i do something different in the current version?

Hey @frank3,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you using the Windows SDK?

Thanks!
Michael

Yes,

Windows SDK in the latest Version

Hey @frank3,

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon

if you start share screen manually by clicking the button of the ui you see the normal toolbar:

But if i do this programatically by calling StartMonitorShare in the MeetingShareController this toolbar doesnt appear. You see just the main window:

All the participants can see the screen and hear the audio. But the sound is crackling sometimes.
I cant stop the screen sharing because there is no button for this. The only way is to call StopShare in the MeetingShareController.

If you started the Screen sharing once manually with the button, the Toolbar appears also if you start it next time programatically. But the main window doesnt disappear.

If i do the same with the older SDK Version everything works without problems.

Normally i use the c# wrapper but for debugging i also tryed to do this in the c++ SDK. Unfortunately it is the same there.

Setting m_pMeetingUIController->ShowSharingToolbar(true); also not helps.

Greetings
Frank

Hey @frank3,

Can you reproduce the issue once more and then capture the SDK logs and send them to me via email at developersupport@zoom.us? Please include a link to this post and mention my name.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

i have sent the mail with the logs.

Have a nice weekend!

Hey @frank3,

We have fixed a related issue in the latest hotifx release. Can you update once more and let me know if you are still facing this same issue?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi,

thanks for the fast hotfix.

I will test it and report the result.

Thanks!
Frank

Hey @frank3,

Thanks! Let us know what you find.

Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

thanks for the hotfix.

The UI issue is fixed. The sharing toolbar appears and the main window does what I expected.
It works in the C# wrapper too.

Tomorrow I can tell you whether the audio crackling is gone too … after a regular meeting with more participants.

So far, thank you very much
Frank

Hey @frank3,

Awesome! I am happy to hear :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

yesterday we tried the new version with more participants.

The screen-sharing function works as expected!

But the audio crackling is still present sometimes.

It’s strange that it all works as long i test it with my devices (4-5 devices mixed with windows, ios and android) at 2 Places.

But sometimes if some other participants join (in this case it was one with a android tablet) my shared audio begins crackling at all participants. On my headphones everything sounds clear.

If i do exactly the same with the sdk v5.5.12509.0330 (same machine … same participants … same content) it works great over weeks without any problems.

Unfortunately, it’s hard to find the cause because you don’t get any error message or something similar.

Maybe I will try it with the custom ui feature without rendering any participants on my Mediaplayer machine.

Is the SDK version also affected by the new Update Policy starting at November?

Hey @frank3,

When this happens, does it happen on all devices or only a specific device? Yes that version will also be effected by the new update policy.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

yes it happens on all devices.

Greetings
Frank

Hey @frank3,

Audio crackling can be a difficult problem for us to investigate, if possible could you record a video of the issue?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

i know, it’s difficult to find the reason for this problem.

If it happens the next time i will record a video.
But i need a little time for this.

Do you need log files too?

Thanks
Frank

Hey @frank3,

Yes, that would be great if you can :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,
sorry for the delayed answer.
I have created a small video and sent it to developersupport@zoom.us

At the moment i use the old SDK Version for our Meetings where the issue dont appear.

But this is not a final solution.

Greetings
Frank

Hey @frank3,

Thank you for doing that. Will follow up with you there.

Michael