Publishable URL and users outside of my account

I have recently been approved to use a publishable URL for my user-level OAuth app. I had a few questions regarding the url and its use.

1. Am i supposed to switch my credentials on the server to use production credentials now?
  2. I receive 500 errors when requesting an access token following zoom oauth unless the account that is signing up has been added to my account. Is this normal?

Would just like some clarification on the intent of the publishable URL and the best way to begin a live beta test with this integration using users outside of my account . Also, is the manual process of adding a user to the account via the dashboard intended with the publishable URL ? After publishing to the marketplace, will this step be removed completely?

Hi @novosel991,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good questions.

First, regarding Publishable URLs generally, I should note these are intended for beta testing with a select number of users outside of your account, prior to your app being reviewed/published by our team.

If your Publishable URL is approved for use outside of your account, you can share this link with an external user who will be able to authorize your app.

To answer your questions specifically:

1. Am i supposed to switch my credentials on the server to use production credentials now?

Yes, the Publishable URL installs the Production instance of your app for the user.

1. I receive 500 errors when requesting an access token following zoom oauth unless the account that is signing up has been added to my account. Is this normal?

Can you ensure that the user is installing via the Publishable URL and not the local test URL? Please also make sure you’re using Production credentials for your requests to the /oauth endpoint.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.