Questions about limit for meetings/webinars

Hello,

We would like to have some confirmation about the limits and pricing for our current use
We checked the following pages but it is not cristal clear for us as the notions are sometimes ambiguous (meeting/participant/user/host/…)
We currently have an account with a Pro plan (13.99 € / month / host) with the Video Webinars Add-on (37 € / month / host) linked to one particular user (licensed type).

We use the Zoom platform for meetings (between 2 to 5 participants) and webinars (1 speaker only for now) with the API and the desktop app.

For meetings we use 1 user (host) and 1 meeting (every 2 to 5 participants use the same join meeting link) for each meeting with the following APIs:

• /users/usercreate : action = “custCreate”, type = 1 (Basic)
  • /meetings/meetingcreate : type = 2

Is there any limit on:

• the total number of users (hosts)? And if yes, could we delete them so that they no longer count when the meeting is over?
  • the total number of meetings? And if yes, could we delete them so that they no longer count when the meeting is over?
  • the number of participants connected to such a meeting?
  • the number of meetings occuring at the same time? And if yes, how many and is there a way to increase that?
  • the number of participant connected to meetings at the same time? And if yes, how many and is there a way to increase that?
  • the duration of a meeting? (it seems to be 24h but we would like to confirm if that is correct)

For webinars we use 1 host (the user with the Webinar licensed type), 1 webinar (so 1 presenter) and X registrants with the following APIs:

• /webinars/webinarcreate : type = 5 (Webinar), approval_type = 0 (Automatically approve.),
    registration_type = 1 (Attendees register once and can attend any of the webinar sessions.), meeting_authentication = false
  • /webinars/webinarregistrantcreate

Is there any limit on:

• the total number of webinars? And if yes, could we delete them so that they no longer count when the webinar is over?
  • the number of webinars occurring at the same time (or with at least an overlap of 1 minute)? For what we understood that is the notion of host, so we have to pay for the add-on for the number of different hosts?
  • the number of registrants on a webinar? For what we understood that is the notion of participants (37 € / month up to 100, 130 € / month from 100 and up to 500, …) and that cost applies by host?
  • the total number of webinars and/or registrants in the database or at the same time?

At last, could you please:

• confirm that all those limits applies to the Zoom back-office/API and are the same whether we use the desktop app or the Web SDK?
  • explain us when/why we should use the cn_meeting/in_meeting parameters on meetings?

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,

Hey @webinar-test,

You can have up to 9,999 users.

And yes, you can delete the users.

You can only create 100 meetings for each user each day.

This depends on your plan.

A single user cannot host concurrent meetings. You will have to have multiple users host meetings at the same time if you want concurrent meetings.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Can-I-Host-Concurrent-Meetings-

This depends on your plan.

This depends on your plan. Correct 24 hours for Pro and above.

You can only create 100 webinars for each user each day.

A single user cannot host concurrent webinars. You will have to have multiple users host webinars at the same time if you want concurrent webinars.

This depends on your plan. You can contact sales to have this increased.

Not sure what you mean by this.

Correct, it is the same.

These fields are deprecated.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello,
I am having issues with the add to calendar button the Zoom Webinar confirmation email.
please see the email below describing the issue and possible fix for this problem, if we are not able to make this change, do you know of a viable work around?

Looks like this is an known issue with Outlook, when the .ics file contains more than one event in it. The example below has a Thursday event, and a Friday event. Did you forward this same example to Leahe to try? If so, is Leahe using Outlook for Mac?

You’re not going to like this, but the workaround for multi-evet .ics files is:

1. Download the .ics file somewhere on your computer, like the desktop, by either choosing ‘Save-As’ in your browser, or ‘Show in Folder’ to where you can copy and then paste the file (to the desktop)

2. Go to the default calendar in Outlook

3. Click on File

4. Select Open & Export

5. Click on Import/Export

6. Choose “Import an iCalendar (.ics)”, then click Next

7. Browse to the saved .ics file, and click “Open”

8. In the box that pops up, click “Import”

I know, not a viable option for clients receiving the “Add to Calendar” in their email. But, it does work. There are some changes to the actual .ics file that can be made, that eliminates this issue. But, because we are not creating those files, the changes would have to be made by Zoom. Not sure if we can convince Zoom to modify the output code in their .ics file generator. But…maybe.

Hi all,

Below are images spelling out what I was experiencing when trying to add the event to my calendar. Just thought a visual would help to explain our odd request…

Thanks!

Okay, so I choose “Add to calendar” and get this calendar item:

Then when I open it, it opens a new calendar, like below:

So, it technically saves, but I have to scroll down in this separate calendar to see it:

Hey @FLMurphy,

Please share this with support.zoom.us, they will be able to better assist for questions not related to the Zoom Developer Platform.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi tommy,

I have integrated zoom in Spring boot application. Where i have limit to number of registrants for webinar.

I want to know is there any API which can help me in telling “how many participants are allowed under my zoom webinar subscription?”

Please help. it very urgent.

Thanks,
Akanksha

Hi @zoom31,

Good question—if you want to get plan information, you can call our GET User Settings endpoint on the user for whose license/plan you’d like to get details on (i.e., the host of the meeting in question):

This returns a feature object similar to this:

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will