Questions about meeting room creation (type, start_time, partition route, 40-minute limit)

I am using API (JWT) to make meeting room.
I have to make several meeting rooms in advance for the future.

[Q1]
What kind of room should I create? (type 1-4)
I don’t know exactly the difference between the meeting rooms.
What kind of room should I make in each case?

[Q2]
What does ‘start_time’ mean? (at request)
I set the ‘start_time’ to 2 p.m. tomorrow through API, but I can enter the meeting room now. (before becoming start_time)

[Q3]
When creating a meeting room through API, can both participants and hosts be given screen sharing and recording roles?

[Q4]
You said, ‘Zoom Basic plan has a 40-minute time limit on meetings…’.
But I had a meeting for more than 2 hours, but I didn’t meet any problems. I was able to keep the meeting.
Where is the 40-minute limit?

Thank you.

Hi @citrus7g,

Happy to clarify.

[Q1]
What kind of room should I create? (type 1-4)
I don’t know exactly the difference between the meeting rooms.
What kind of room should I make in each case?

I would recommend type 2—this is for scheduling a standard meeting:

[Q2]
What does ‘start_time’ mean? (at request)
I set the ‘start_time’ to 2 p.m. tomorrow through API, but I can enter the meeting room now. (before becoming start_time)

start_time refers to the scheduled start time for a meeting—this is the time that will appear in someone’s upcoming meetings list in the Zoom Web Portal. You will always be able to start a meeting before the designated start time as the host.

[Q3]
When creating a meeting room through API, can both participants and hosts be given screen sharing and recording roles?

By default participants can share their screen in a meeting, but you can control this from within the meeting UI as well.

[Q4]
You said, ‘Zoom Basic plan has a 40-minute time limit on meetings…’.
But I had a meeting for more than 2 hours, but I didn’t meet any problems. I was able to keep the meeting.
Where is the 40-minute limit?

Was your meeting 1:1? The 40 minute limit applies to group meetings.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

Thank you so much for your reply.
I have some more questions.

[Q2]
So, start_time is just the time on someone else’s scheduled meeting list, and does that mean that the meeting can be held regardless of that time?

[Q3]
When I enter the meeting room as a participant, I cannot use screen share function. (Only with the permission of the host)
Is there an API option that enables participants to basically share screens(by default) when they enter the meeting room?

[Q4]
What is the exact meaning of 1:1 meeting?
Is it a 1:1 meeting if one host and one participant are in a single meeting room?
If one host and one participant are in a meeting and another participant enters the meeting room, does the 40-minute limit begin?

[Other Additional Questions]
Is the role of meeting room attendees only host and participants?
I’ve seen a participant somewhere who can act as a kind of observer. But I can’t find any options.

Perhaps the role is “an observer / hide participant / invisible participant”.
The reason I need this feature(role) is that I have to check from time to time to make sure the 1:1 meeting is working well.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @citrus7g,

Happy to clarify :slight_smile:

[Q2]
So, start_time is just the time on someone else’s scheduled meeting list, and does that mean that the meeting can be held regardless of that time?

That’s right—a scheduled meeting can be started by the host at any time.

[Q3]
When I enter the meeting room as a participant, I cannot use screen share function. (Only with the permission of the host)
Is there an API option that enables participants to basically share screens(by default) when they enter the meeting room?

This setting will need to be set in the UI.

[Q4]
What is the exact meaning of 1:1 meeting?
Is it a 1:1 meeting if one host and one participant are in a single meeting room?

Yes

If one host and one participant are in a meeting and another participant enters the meeting room, does the 40-minute limit begin?

Yes

Is the role of meeting room attendees only host and participants?
I’ve seen a participant somewhere who can act as a kind of observer. But I can’t find any options.

In a meeting, yes—host, co-host, participant. Webinars have attendees and panelists as well.

Perhaps the role is “an observer / hide participant / invisible participant”.
The reason I need this feature(role) is that I have to check from time to time to make sure the 1:1 meeting is working well.

I don’t believe there is an API setting for this kind of participant, but I might recommend reaching out to our Technical Support team to confirm there’s not a UI setting for this.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.