Recording Completed event (web hook)

Folks,
We’re looking at implementing the Recording Completed event “webhook”. As I read the docs when a recording completed event is completed can trigger a call to a URL that you specify.

Do we know what hostname or ip that call would be coming from? Right now we have scripts set to only respond to specific valid hosts.

Zoom provides a verification token when you setup the webhook. They suggest you “use this verification token to validate an event notification request from [zoom dot us] for this app.”

If this is not an option, then you can try pulling their IP address list in you’re script. I’m not sure if this list is reliable or how often it gets updated. If you’re checking by hostname, [zoom dot us] or *.zoom.us should work as well.

(I can only put 2 links in this post, so I had to use [zoom dot us])

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try it next week.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions @e399! :slight_smile:

@kchan, In addition to the Verification Token, we also have IP addressed listed on our Webhook docs:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

My question is specific to the Phone Webhook event “call recording is completed”.

I can see that although it does not seem to be documented from what I could see in https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference, it is currently available as a webhook event when creating an app (which I’m pretty excited about):

However, in our server application, we don’t seem to be getting any events of this type at the moment.

We are successfully getting other events for “Caller Call log Completed”, “Callee Call log Completed” and “Callee missed”.

Are you able to confirm that phone webhook “call recording is completed” is currently working and perhaps request the docs be updated?

Thanks again for your help and great ongoing work,

Dave.

Sorry @tommy, I just realised/remembered that I can determine the POST endpoint name in our server.

Unfortunately, I still can’t get it working though or find the documentation for it.

Thanks,

Dave.

Hey @AussieDave,

Let me help find out the status of the docs! :slight_smile:

@shrijana.g do you know if the status of the Call Recording Completed docs?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @AussieDave and @tommy This event is not available yet. The docs will be published once it is released (currently expected by end of August). I will provide an update here once it is released.

Thanks,
Shrijana

@AussieDave The Recording Completed event is now available! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Shrijana

Hi @shirjana.g,

That is awesome! Your timing is fantastic!

Thanks again for getting on to this so quickly!!

Thanks,

Dave.

1 Like

Happy to help! @AussieDave
Thank you!

Hi @shrijana.g & @tommy

The Recording Completed event webhook is working well for us - Thanks again!

One thing that has us a bit tricked/confused is that we are not seeing Call Queue recordings come through that event. Do you know if that is deliberate or whether that had not quite been finished? (It would be very helpful for us if Call Queue Recordings were able to flow through the Recording Completed webhook event).

If that is not on the roadmap, do you know if there are plans for a separate Call Queue Recording webhook or will we have to rig up another call to this API endpoint to get at that data?

Thanks again,

Dave.

Hey @AussieDave,

Have you had a chance to check out the Zoom Call Recording Completed webhook documentation? Let me know if that’s what you’re looking for—this one is specifically for Zoom Phone.

Let me know if this helps to clear things up.

Best,
Will

1 Like

Hi @will.zoom,

Yes, we are successfully using this phone.recording_completed webhook. It is working as expected for calls other than those inbound calls that go through a Call Queue.

Our issue specifically relates to call recordings that come from a Call Queue. It appears that those phoned recordings do not flow through this webhook. Are you able to confirm if that is the correct/expected behaviour? (We would love to see the Call Queue Recordings flow through it or have another webhook for the Call Queue Recording Completed event).

Thanks,

Dave.

@AussieDave You are right. This is the expected behavior. We do not have a webhook for Call Queue Recording yet. Could you create a new topic for this as a feature request and include your use case in the post? In the meantime, you could use the Call Queue Recordings API if that works for you: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/phone-call-queues/getcallqueuerecordings

Thanks,
Shrijana

Thanks @shrijana.g, I have just added this feature request.

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks for adding that feature request, @AussieDave! Stay tuned.

Best,
Will