Remove manual approve

I’m creating meetings using approval_type 2, but every time a user joins using websdk, the host has to admit it. I have already disabled waiting room feature but it’s asking for approval.

and for some reason with 1.8.3 sdk approval_type 0 is not working. It’s asking to update sdk

Any leads?

Hey @vivekkairi,

Yes, approval_type 2 means that there is no registration required so that is not the issue. It sounds like your waiting room settings are still on which is making the user enter the waiting room instead of joining the meeting. Can you double-check your waiting room settings at the account level to see if they are being overridden?

This intended at this time, only approval_type 2 works with the Web SDK. That being said, for Webinars, registration is supported. Here is the documentation outlining that.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey @MaxM,

I already did double check on that and the setting is still off. Can you test it out on your side once?

Okay, I figured it out. It is off at account level but still the meeting had waiting room enabled. So I just passed waiting_room false to the settings object and it worked flawlessly.

I don’t know it’s a bug or not, kindly look into it.

Hey @vivekkairi,

I’m glad to hear that you were able to get it working. I would also check your user settings to make sure that the waiting room is disabled. In regard to this being a defect, this is actually the expected behavior. That is because the waiting room and registration features are controlled separately. It’s possible to have a waiting room without registration and vice-versa.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.