Remove reCaptcha on webinars WebSDK1.7.9

I have previously had one account whitelisted. But cannot get any more whitelisted as the form is a one time use. How do I get multiple accounts whitelisted? We have around 10 different people using zoom, all of which need whitelisting.

When is this reCapture going to be controlled via an option declaration? I’ve never encountered the forcing of a reCapture on an api before. AWS use secret, keys, and also ip whitelisting. Can’t you go down that route? Developers could manage the ip’s within their account.

Hi @tommy,

We have also filled disabled reCAPTCHA form. Please do it ASAP, we have a webinar this weekend.

Rungmunch Theater

Account No. 56914315

Hey @rungmunch,

I have just disabled recaptcha for you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @kevin.l, and everyone,

We are disabling the recaptcha by default this weekend. Please see the update here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, can you please deactivate reCaptcha for my account?
I’ve filled up the form a couple days ago, and we are having issues with the captcha in production. I would like to get that deactivated for my acount as soon as possible.

Hey @gabrielsmelo.dev,

ReCaptcha is disabled by default for the Web SDK. If the Web SDK detects a high number of failed passcode attempts, it will display the ReCaptcha.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I need help with registration https://uh.ac.pa/webinar-ley-emprendimiento/ When a user tries to register, the recaptcha appears but even though the user writes it correctly, it doesn`t works. ¿What can I do?

Hey @claudio.endara,

For questions unrelated to the Zoom Developer Platform, please reach out to support.zoom.us, they will be able to better assist! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Can you remove capthca from our account as well- it is not accessible to our members

Hey @steven.oesterreich,

ReCaptcha is disabled by default for the Web SDK . If the Web SDK detects a high number of failed passcode attempts, it will display the ReCaptcha.

For questions unrelated to the Zoom Developer Platform, please reach out to support.zoom.us, they will be able to better assist! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy when you say “disabled by default”, does this mean it can be disabled indefinitely regardless of the number of passcode attempts ?

Based on the OP’s original issue, I also only see a modal with “Cancel” or “Continue” and clicking on “Continue” doesn’t do anything other than go through the join meeting workflow again. I have no option to solve a captcha

Hey @zoom54,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. What version of the Web SDK are you using when you see this issue? Are you able to provide steps to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
Max

Hi,

in my web app the reCapture appears now and it destroys my user workflow.

Before it was working without reCapture and I didn’t change the code. I’m using Zoom WebSDK 1.9.1.

How can I definitely disable these reCapture?

Best,
Chris

Hey @chris999,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please try testing with the latest version of the Sample Web App (1.9.7) and let me know if you are seeing the issue there too.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

I already tied with the sample app and also had the same issue.

So how can I definitely switch off the reCaptcha?

Best,
Chris

Hey @chris999,

Can you share a screenshot of where you’re seeing the Recaptcha? What steps can I take to reproduce the issue (assuming it shows up for me)?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

the Recaptcha has gone - again without any configuration or code change on my side …

Really frustrating, such unpredictable behaviour …

So I ask again: how can I disable Recaptcha for my SDK app or for my Zoom meeting?

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,

By default, reCaptcha should be disabled. It should only be triggered when there are a high number of failed passcode attempts from one device. We used to have a process to disable the reCaptcha prompt but because this happens by default now I’m not sure if that’s still possible. I’ll check with my team.

If you’re seeing it even when you don’t fail many passcode attempts, that’s something that we should investigate so that you don’t encounter this issue going forward and are still able to rely on the security provided by reCaptcha.

How often are you seeing the reCaptcha displayed? Are there many users testing your application at one time?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

recently, displaying reCaptcha happend only end of July 2021 … it is also possible that entering wrong passcode(s) happend before …

You mentioned “one device” - is in such situation reCaptcha displayed only on one device, or one (my) Zoom app or on one (my) Zoom meeting(id) ?

Thanks,
Chris

My understanding is that it would relate to the IP address that the failures are coming from. Therefore, if all users are under a VPN (or somehow using the same public IP) that could be why they all see a reCaptcha prompt.

Max