Report API endpoint "/report/webinars/{webinarId}/qa" fails with "Meeting does not exist" error

Hi,

We hit a weird error with the Webinar Q&A Report endpoint.
A call to /report/webinars/{webinarId}/qa with {webinarId} replaced by a webinar instance UUID returns an error code 3001 and error message “Meeting does not exist”.

What we do is we first call the past webinar instances endpoint “/past_webinars/{webinarId}/instances” to receive all the instances of the webinar given its numeric ID.
Then, for each of the received instance UUIDs, we call the report endpoints for participants, polls and Q&A.

This works fine for many webinars. However, on 19 June 2020 we encountered an error from the Q&A report endpoint which returns an error that the past webinar instance UUID we provide does not correspond to a meeting. The same webinar instance UUID returns proper data for the participants and polls reports API endpoints. The same responses are received today, so that is a persistent issue.

The webinar ID is 87376431879 and the past webinar instance UUID is a3zt35fnTPWqaFTjZ9AWvQ==.

Please note also that when we call https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/webinars/a3zt35fnTPWqaFTjZ9AWvQ==/qa the response refers to a truncated version of the webinar instance UUID:
{
“code”: 3001,
“message”: “Meeting does not exist: a3zt35fnTP.”
}

I would appreciate if you can take a look at this particular issue and let me know the root cause behind it.

Hey @v.hristov,

Strange! Engineering is looking into why this happened. (ZOOM-172465) I will provide you with an update once I have one.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks a lot for the update, @tommy!

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi,

Any updates on this (ZOOM-172465)?

Hey @v.hristov,

No updates yet, but it is in the queue to be looked at. I have just requested upped priority.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks a lot, @tommy

1 Like

-Tommy

Hey @v.hristov,

We have identified this as a bug and will fix it in August.

The error occurs when UUID contains character “qa”

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Good to know, thanks for following this through.

1 Like

Thanks,
Tommy