Retrieve Chatlog without requiring user to enter a password?

How to retrieve Chatlog without requiring user to enter a password?

Description
I am currently trying to build an app in Java using the APIs. I am able to retrieve available recording files and their download and play URLs. When using download_url to save the txt file I assumed was there, it instead saves the webpage prompting me for the user to enter a password, despite having the JWT. Is there any way that I can download the chatlog without returning a login prompt?

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Call API to retrieve Meeting Recordings
  2. Retrieve Download URL
  3. Use IOUtils.copy to copy URL results to a file
  4. File contents are .txt file of an html page prompting the passcode and not the .txt chat file

UPDATE:
I was able to disable the passcodes for recordings using this link:
https://ask.eng.umd.edu/page.php?id=100706#:~:text=Once%20logged%20in%2C%20navigate%20to%20your%20previous%20recordings%20by%20clicking,the%20password%20for%20this%20meeting

I’d still like to know if there’s a potential for being able to access the passcode, or to bypass that prompt in general.

Hi @getinfo ,

I’m glad you were able to access it! In order to bypass that prompt, you would need to disable password protection on the recording(s) programmatically or within the Zoom portal under settings.

Best,
Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.