Salesforce App: Use "Start Zoom Meeting" button from Person Account layout

We use the Salesforce App and want to integrate with Zoom. We use Person Accounts for our customers. I managed to pu the “Start Zoom Meeting” button to the Person Account’s page layout, but when I click the button, I get an error message saying “Start Meeting from Account object is not allowed as of now.”
Does the app support putting this button on Person Account layouts, or can you point to a workaround in order to solve this?

Hey @Raphael,

Can you please share a screenshot of this issue and your Zoom account #?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
thanks for your help. The account number is: 7000810963
Screenshot:

Thanks @Raphael,

We are looking into this issue. (ZOOM-178689)

-Tommy

Thanks,
this is really important becasue I know that a lot of Saleforce Orgs in a B2C setup use PersonAccounts. Therefore I would consider it a common use case.

-Raphael

Hey @Raphael,

This should be fixed in a release next month. I will keep you updated.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy
Great news! Thanks!

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @Raphael,

This should be fixed in a release on August 17th.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy,

Happy to see there is a fix. Wondering if there is any changes to the existing setup in the org with Zoom installed.

Hey @derekhoikiat.chung,

Can you clarify what you mean by changes to the existing setup?

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy,

There is a guide to install Zoom in Salesforce

With the new release in Aug 17, do we need to redo the installation step (eg install package, generate new API key)

Hey @derekhoikiat.chung,

No, you should not need to redo any installation.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

is the release already available? Today I checked AppExchange and there seems to be no notice about a new release. Maybe I missed something?

Thanks,
Raphael

Hey @Raphael,

We are releasing the update on or around August 24th. Due note this is subject to change.

Thanks,
Tommy

Ok thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @Raphael, @derekhoikiat.chung,

We have released the SalesForce app update, please head over to the SalesForce App Exchange and get the latest version.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy

I’ve started installing Zoom from scratch on my Salesforce org.

In the installation steps below, the steps relates to Contact object Page Layout. However, I assume the same applies to Person Account’s Page Layout.

There is no Start Zoom Meeting button on the Person Accounts’ page layout. Any idea if I’m missing anything?

Ah, found it. It isn’t in Buttons, but Mobile & Lightning Actions.

1 Like