Sanity Check on Audio Events

Hi there. My app relies heavily on the events system for audio. Since the last SDK upgrade, my handlers for audio custom events have stopped firing. For example, the bodies I wrote for the virtual functions onUserAudioStatusChange and onHostRequestStartAudio no longer get called when the events that control them occur, but the body for onUserVideoStatusChange still works, and I believe both come from ISDKInMeetingServiceMgrEvent, to which I am subscribed.

Can I have confirmation that I am either insane or that this is broken?

Hey @liminal_andy,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Let me check on this to see if I can reproduce. You are on version 5.4.54524.1229, correct?

Thanks!
Michael

Yes, that is my version.

Awesome, thank you for the response. Are you using the C# wrapper?

Thanks!
Michael

C++ directly, not the wrapper

Hey @liminal_andy

The good news is that I do not think you are going insane. The bad news is that I also have not been able to trigger these callbacks in the latest version. I will inform the engineers, and hopefully they can fix this before the next release.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @liminal_andy,

Have you called setEvent for IMeetingAudioController?
Are you using the Zoom UI or a custom UI?

Thanks!
Michael

Yes, I have called setEvent and am using a Zoom UI app

Hey @liminal_andy,

At what point did you call setEvent for IMeetingAudioController? It looks like calling setEvent on the IMeetingAudioController before joining the meeting using the default UI in the demo app is working. I did not realize that it is not called by default for the default UI in the demo app.

Michael