SDK 1.7.9 - Recaptcha feature documentation

Hello everyone.
I have a problem with captcha on zoomsdk.The problem is captcha doesn’t appear and it stcks rigth there. I think there is no problem with init and join. What should i do?

ERROR:
/**/localJsonpCallback({status: false, errorCode: 3110, errorMessage: “https://zoom.us/webSDK/recaptcha”, result: null})
errorCode: 3110
errorMessage: “https://zoom.us/webSDK/recaptcha”
result: null
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.02.22 AM

Hey @tselmeg, @alibek, @dodigerman2, @nvivot, @Seethaprasad_Mandike, @bmilburn, @mb_j, @SimoneLabianca,

If you would like us to disable recaptcha for your Web SDK please fill out this form:

If you are having other issues, please post a new topic in #web-sdk and fill out the post template so we have enough info to assist.

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy

The Web SDK is broken and unusable for us at this point. Again. Users are getting hit with a re-captcha message and nothing happens when they click the button.

Looks like it’s back to 1.7.7 until this is fixed. The things I would do for a Web SDK release that fixes our issues without breaking something else entirely. We have a school starting interviews next week, and many, many more starting in a couple of months and I’m getting more and more concerned.

i filled up this form two days ago …though still recaptcha button is popping out there . How many days will it going to disable the feature on your side ?

thanks for your message, @tommy. I’ve filled out the form but never heard from you. Thus my original question still stands: when can we expect the opt-out to happen ?

Hey there @tommy,

What’s the ETA for opting out? Filled in the form a few days ago and I still have the Captcha…

Also, can you let us know:

_ What’s the rationale behind forcing us to using it (where is the product idea coming from? Talking to users?)
_ Seeing the backlash, is it foreseeable in the near future to have it entirely removed? (What’s the point of protecting meetings with password, etc if users have to get negative friction with a pop-up to click before actually joining a meeting?)

2 Likes

Hey @Alex_C, @alibek, @gautam.singh, @sales1,

We sent out another batch of disabled recaptcha notifications last night. Did you get an email? Recaptcha should be disabled for your Web SDK if you filled out the form.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

Thanks for the follow-up, however I did not received an email from Zoom and after setting up a new webinar, the Recaptcha is still present on our account…

Any chance it can be looked into?

Thanks!

As others have stated, we too have a large number of clients using the SDK who are stuck at 1.7.7 which has audio issues. It’s incredibly impractical to have such a large number of people request this to be disabled because you introduced a feature that doesn’t work and wasn’t really necessary.

Nobody wants to fight a CAPTCHA and argue with Google over where it is poorly detecting the crosswalks for 5 minutes straight when they’re already late to a conference call/meeting.

We desperately need a fully functional release of the SDK that doesn’t break anything. Can 1.7.11 focus on just fixing the stuff that’s broken and an option to disable the CAPTCHA on Init()?

At the very least this should be an option in the account administration portal, not a google form.

I have mentioned my licensed account email in the form and expecting that Recaptcha will get disable for all the participants who attend my meetings … am I right in saying?

We need the ability for the feature removed.
We have many customers that will be using the integration as a host.
Are you saying we have to submit a form for each of them?

Hey @Alex_C, @gautam.singh, @jerry,

I have just disabled recaptcha for your account. Meetings you host (owned by users on your acconut) on the Web SDK will not require participants to do the recaptcha flow when joining.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @sales1,

Thanks for your feedback. What is your account # so I can disable it for you?

-Tommy

@tommy you said:

“Meetings you host (owned by users on your acconut) on the Web SDK will not require participants to do the recaptcha flow when joining.”

This doesn’t seem to be the case - are you sure about this or is this a change now? I believe I created a meeting with an account, used that accounts JWT keys for the viewer and still got the recapthca.

Mike

Hey @mb_j,

I just turned off recpatcha for your account. Please try again.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Few days ago, we also submitted multiple requests for disabling recaptcha. Would you mind checking when are we good to go? Is it suppose to be on organization level for WebSDK access?

Doesn’t work captcha on any versions (1.7.9, 1.7.10), how i can solve this problem?

Hello @tommy

I’ve submitted my request to disable recaptcha on the given google form. When can I expect it to be disabled so I may continue my working. I’ve already spent many of my hours on this and need this to work urgently. Please respond at your earliest.
Thanks
P.S. The version is 1.7.10

Please can you turned off recpatcha for my account:
delio.iazzetti@unipegaso.it

It is important for me and my customer.

Thanx

Hey @hassan.taymoor, @g.shkolnikov, @MelisaB,

I have disabled the recaptcha for your accounts.

@delio, have you filled out the form? I do not see you listed there.

Thanks,
Tommy