Server-to-server oauth app: «group» scope unavailable

I configured a Server-to-server oauth app which works fine, but I want to add «group» scopes (ie: «group:write:admin» and «group:read:admin») and they don’t seem to appear in the «Scopes» section of the app.

The «group» scopes are available when I create a simple OAuth app (not Server-to-Server).

My account admin does not know how to help me and tells me Server-to-Server does not have group scopes. Is this correct? Otherwise, why are the «group» scopes not visible in Server-to-server app and how can I fix this?

Hi @a.provencher ,

Welcome to the forum, I’ll try my best to help here to uncover the logic behind this behavior and whether this is intended.

Scopes are available based on account plan/type and user role/permissions:

Additionally, groups may have group admins that are empowered to make these changes. For in-depth guidance, see this support article: Managing user groups and settings - Zoom Support

Can you please confirm you have the following? Or whether you have a custom role/privileges?

Sorry for the delay, I had to get to our licence admin for info.
You were right, the group and contacts were not ticked for the role that was created for app developers. I can now add the group scope to my app.

Sorry for the bother but thanks a lot for the detailed answer, it allowed me to show our admin where to look.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @a.provencher , not a bother at all! Happy you were able to resolve!