Set a Date for Approved App to be Made Public

Description
Once we get our App approved can we set a specific date for it to made public in the marketplace? We would like to get approval ahead of announcing it to current customers.

Hey @HenryW,

My suggestion is to work with the App Review team directly to coordinate this. Feel free to mention this during the review process.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. Will do.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. Quick question as we work toward finalizing a production version. We are creating an Account level app using Oauth to get a user token:

Is there any embargo on using a Production Client ID as a parameter before we’ve published the app?

When I attempt to authentication I get:

Empty scope (the client doesn't have any Scope) (4,700)

Hey @HenryW,

Have you added scopes to your app?

Thanks,
Tommy

We have added scopes. However the App is not yet approved so I’m not sure if the Production Client ID is testable.

The docs say: “After Zoom approves your app, the live app on the Zoom Marketplace will use these credentials. To use production credentials without publishing your app, please generate a Publishable URL”

This is just an example of something we want to test after the App is approved but before it becomes publicly available.

Hey @HenryW,

You can test the Production environment on your own Zoom account before your app is published. :slight_smile:

For this, you can use the Development Environment. Changes can be tested on the Development Environment and will not affect your users using the Published, Production Environment.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.