Set Host to random user if real Host doesn't re-join within two minutes

Description
Hi
It is ok, if host re-joins to existence conference within two minutes after force leaving, but
after 2 minutes host assigns to random user, real host connects as guest even in signature pointed as 1

Рow can this be solved?
Thanks!

Web SDK version 1.9.0

Hi, @zoom26,
Thank you for posting in the Developer Forum. Just to clarify, are you asking if the host can re-join then be reassigned as the host after being force out of a meeting ?

That said, yes, it is okay if a host re-joins a meeting and a random user is assigned as a host. Please note, if the original host is a Licensed user, the meeting will continue to run for an unlimited time, even if the new host is a free or basic user. On the other hand, if the original host is a Free or Basic user, the meeting will be limited to the 40 minute duration, even if the new host is a Licensed user.

To learn more about passing host controls and leaving the meeting, please see our help documentation:
Passing host controls and leaving the meeting – Zoom Help Center.

Looking forward to your response.

Best,
Donte

Hi, @donte.zoom,
The original host is Licensed user, I mean I cannot return back host/co-host role when real host is rejoined to conference, because the role assigned to Free or Basic user. Can I get back role to real host (Licensed user) after force leave?
Note, it is ok, if connecting immediately host assigned to the Real Host.

force leave = reload page, Internet disconnection, closing web page, and etc.

Hi, @zoom26.

Thank you for that classification. To ensure that original host status is maintained when the host rejoins the meeting, there is a released feature which allows account owners and admins to enable an account-level security setting. This setting places participants in the waiting room if the host/co-hosts are not present or if they lose internet connection during a meeting. To enable this feature, in the waiting room options dialogue, select the check box to move participants to the Waiting Room. If you select this option, join before host will be disabled. Down below is a screenshot of the waiting room options dialogue for your reference:

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 2.40.17 AM

Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Donte

Hi, @donte.zoom
Thank you, It is help me! But there appears one more question - How I can do this setting as default for all created and will created by API users?

Thanks!

Hi, @zoom26,
Currently, an admin can default that setting in the zoom.us portal by enabling the “Waiting Room” lock. For more information about the lock setting, please see our help document here. Down below I’v included a screenshot for your reference:

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 7.57.34 PM

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

Hi, @donte.zoom
Thank for the help!

Hi, @donte.zoom

Are there any other solutions except placing participants in the waiting room if the host and co-hosts are not present or if they lose internet connection during a meeting? We are not entirely satisfied with this option, will they be able to offer another solution? So that the organizer, after re-connection, becomes the host, and the conference participants wait for him inside.

Hi, @zoom26,

The way this feature works is the original host, after rejoining from the Zoom Client app or Web portal, regains the original host status and can readmit participants. In this way, the original host, after rejoining the meeting, can readmit the participants placed in the waiting room due to the host unexpectedly dropping. I should also note, this feature helps to ensure that participants are not left alone during meetings. More details about this feature are offered in the Developer Forum post below. To stay updated on the latest news and fixes, please make sure to subscribe to our blog , and change log.

If you would like to submit your feedback to be considered for a future release, we welcome you to provide it in the #feature-requests category. Your feedback helps us to refine, and we appreciate you sharing it.

Thank you for being the best part of the Zoom Developer Forum.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.