Setting Webinar license capacity

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I’m trying to change the Webinar capacity license on a user from 5000 to 1000. I’m using the following Powershell code to try and set this. I’m confident in the $token and $userID values because I’m using those to retrieve the current value just prior to this call. No failure. No text in $result. It simply doesn’t change the license on the user.

$headers=@{}
$headers.Add(“authorization”, “Bearer $token”)
$body = ‘{“feature”:{“webinar_capacity”:1000}}’
$response = Invoke-RestMethod -Method PATCH -Headers $headers -ContentType ‘application/json’ -Body $body -Uri “https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/$userID/settings

Error
No error. It just doesn’t change the value

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
PATCH https://api.zoom.us/v2/users

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context

Hi @jferguson,

Can you confirm that your account has a Webinar 5000 license available already to apply to the user? If the user is currently on a lower capacity license and you haven’t yet purchased higher capacity licenses, this could be the issue.

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Yes. The Webinar5000 license is applied to the user. I manually added that in the Zoom portal to start with.

We own one 5000 license that we want to be able to programmatically add and removed from a person based on a schedule. Once I get removing the license working I’ll add the code to set it on someone else. I do want to leave the first person with the 1000 license when they don’t have the 5000.

I am making the assumption that setting that person for 1000 is going to remove the 5000 license. Do I need to do that in two steps? To actually remove the 5000 then add the 1000?

Hi @jferguson,

Thanks for clarifying, I see. This should be possible with just 1 request, by setting the webinar_capacity field in the manner you’ve referenced in your initial example. Do you have the same issue if you try to make this request in Postman or cURL directly?
-Will

I attempted the same call using Postman and I get the same results. I even tried changing the capacity to other values such as 500 just to see if that would work. The status I get back in Postman is “204 No Content”.

In general I know things are working because if I change the call from PATCH to GET I do get all of the user settings.

I figured it out. It needed to have “webinar”:true added to the body. Even though it was already set to true.

So the body is now set as: {“feature”:{“webinar”: true,“webinar_capacity”:5000}}

This lets me set the capacity back and forth.

Hey @jferguson,

I’m glad to hear that you resolved your issue! Thanks for sharing your solution. I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max