Update user settings endpoint uses incorrect license

Description
I try to add webinar500 license for user, but get error:

HTTP request to ‘https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/settings’ has failed with status code ‘BadRequest’.

Response content: { “code”: 200, “message”: “You can add max 4 Webinar 1000 - Promotion users.” }

Request content: {
“feature”: { “large_meeting”: false, “large_meeting_capacity”: 0, “webinar”: true, “webinar_capacity”: 500 }
}

I have enought webinar500_promo_monthly licenses but api tries to use webinar1000_promo_monthly.
This endpoint worked well until this day. Maybe something is changed in its behavior?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I use JWT app, Update user settings endpoint

How To Reproduce

1. Create custCreate user and change webinar_capacity to 500.
  2. See error or see webinar1000 license is used instead.

Screenshots

Hi @Jaroslav,

Thank you for reaching out about this—I believe this may be the result of a recent promotion from 100 to 500, but I’m working on confirming this.

In the meantime, can you try to make requests with the following adjustment: send a capacity of 100 to actually achieve 500, and send a capacity of 500 to actually achieve 1,000. See below:

Example for the 500 plan: {“feature":{“webinar”:true,“webinar_capacity”:100}}
Example for the 1000 plan: {“feature”:{“webinar”:true,"webinar_capacity”:500}}

Let me know if this helps,
Will

@will.zoom Thanks for your reply.

Examples above work as you described, but I think this behavior should be fixed in api.

Hey @Jaroslav,

Thank you for your input, I agree. We are working to make sure that using the API is more user friendly in the future. In the meantime, thank you for adjusting to this API change.

Thanks,
Max

@will.zoom @MaxM
I am having the exact same issue. Any timeline on this?

Hey @lydtcevk,

I don’t have a timeline but this issue has a lot of traction. We’ll update the thread when we have more information on a timeline.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.