Need confirmation Desktop SDK can force share of a specific window regardless of what the host views after the share begins

Here’s a link from Tommy in Web SDK support saying he thinks the DeskTop SDK supports this ability and asking that I post again here. And here’s the link to the original question in the API forum from August 13th

This is a follow on a clarification post from numerous others trying to determine if Zoom Desktop SDK supports what we are trying to do. We want to share from a user’s desktop - using the desktop user’s own Zoom user account - what was originally selected to be shared (a single window) Regardless of whether or not the host switches what is on the host’s screen. We want to be able to look at a different screen on the sharing host than what is shared to the audience. We see where the client window allows for selection of a single window/app/document. This setting is what we want to ‘force’ to be shared regardless of what the host may switch to viewing during the share, as apposed to this setting only initially selecting what is to be shared.

Version v5.0.24433.0616

Steps to reproduce…

Start sharing via desktop client
Select a specific application to share
Begin sharing
Switch to viewing another window on your (sharing host) pc screen
You should see your current screen content as the share content. We don’t want that.
We want the share to keep sharing the original content, not the content that is on the host’s screen at any given time.

Windows 10 standard x86 64 bit pc

If someone familiar with the SDK internals could let me know if this is possible, and what classes/interfaces/methods needed that would be wonderful. If it’s not possible, that answer would also be wonderful as we could then move onto another approach. Much appreciated, and sorry for the long post. It’s been a frustrating couple weeks trying to get a concrete answer to this.

Thanks You!!

Hey @Jonaskinny,

I confirmed with my team that you can share a single application on the Windows/Desktop SDK, just as you can in the Zoom client and Web SDK. You can find details on the necessary method within the SDK here:

Let me know if this helps!
Will

1 Like

Hi Will, yes I got the other notice as well, thanks very much! I had seen these classes but didn’t know the reference persisted vs what the client UI default behavior shows. I’ll be testing it out later and I’ll let you know, thanks again to you and the team!