Share Whiteboard not working

Description
When I select “Share Whiteboard” I get a blank white screen. I don’t have any way to draw on it.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
v5.9.1

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join a meeting as an attendee (not the host)
  2. Select Share > Share Whiteboard
  3. A blank screen is displayed with no way to edit it. See screenshot

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Samsung Galaxy A12

Additional context
I believe the host was using an administrative setting to disable whiteboard sharing, so I’m surprised the option to share my whiteboard was even visible in the first place.

Correction: We double checked the administrative settings. Whiteboard sharing was enabled, so it makes sense why the whiteboard option was visible in the Share menu. We still weren’t able to draw on the whiteboard.

Hi @june.glave,

If you tap on the screen, you should see an annotation toolbar icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. Tapping this will allow you to begin annotating on the white board.

Thanks!

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. This is what it looks like when I tap on the screen. It shows the regular meeting controls instead of an annotation toolbar. Do you know why this might be?

Hi @june.glave,

If you are not seeing the annotation toolbar, it is probably one of the following:

1. Annotations are not enabled for the meeting you are in. Please follow this document for instructions on how to enable annotations.
  2. Your SDK instance has explicitly disabled the annotation toolbar via hideAnnotationInScreenShareToolbar. If this is enabled, the annotation toolbar will not be visible, regardless of the meeting settings.

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me on this!

You are very welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.