ShareApp options - Add 'Share to breakout rooms'

Thank you @MaxM !

I had just looked through my email for confirmation of the original submission, and could not find any confirmation or ID number associated with it.

The use case I want this for, essentially is for situations where Collaborate mode does not work (ie mobile devices) and Zoom falls back to screen sharing. My application has a host/participant role distinction where it sufficient for only the host to be running the application, and broadcasting a screen share to all participants. The application will also use periodic breakout rooms, and broadcasting the hosts running application screen into breakout rooms (again, especially useful for clients where Zoom Apps and collaborate mode is not available) is important.

Better than this, would be to have Collaborate mode available everywhere, including all client devices and guest role. I recently saw that Zoom for iOS can now run Zoom Apps, but it doesn’t appear that collaborate mode is available yet. Clicking collaborate on the host instance, immediately opens a screen share for the iOS client, and does not give the option to “Join” or enter collaborate mode (and yes, I do have mobile enabled in the app settings, and it runs fine if open it directly or use the sendApplicationInvite flow). Perhaps collaborate mode does work for iOS apps, and this is not the intended behavior. I would certainly prefer, if Zoom for iOS clients were prompted to Collaborate/Join, rather than immediately going the screen share fallback.

1 Like