Should we provide Zoom test environment where your Production-Ready app is present? I've been constantly asked these message while trying to publish SDK

Unfortunately, we cannot approve your request due to issues with the app in its current state. We noticed a significant number of outstanding issues with your submission which prevent us from functionally testing your app. This includes access to a test environment where your Production-Ready app is present, user documentation, and a test plan. When resubmitting, please limit your scope request to the minimum number of scopes necessary. Please check out this App Submission Checklist prior to next submission for review: Submission Checklist Your Next Steps: Please complete the submission checklist and take a moment to look through the requirements provided. Check out the requirement headers for each item in the submission process. When all requirements have been met, please resubmit for a review.

1 Like

Hi @itsupport4
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Please, make sure to leave notes directly in your app so your app reviewer will take a look into them.
In the meantime, could you please share the name of your app with me so I can reach out to the Marketplace team about the status of your app?
Cheers,
Elisa

1 Like

it’s beema-pradhikaran

1 Like

Hi @itsupport4
I can not get the information of your app
could you please share the name of it?

1 Like

@elisa.zoom beema-pradhikaran

1 Like

Hi @itsupport4
I just heard back from the Marketplace team and it looks like they rejected your app on July 10th and you have not resubmitted it for review.
Feel free to look into the notes that your reviewer left for you in your application.
Cheers,
Elisa